• Do you have a can-do attitude?
• Passionate about sales, growing revenue from existing accounts, training and account development
• Want to kick start your career with a recognized leader in the world of global news & business information?
Who are we?
Dow Jones & Company is a global provider of news and business information and a developer of technology to deliver content to consumers and organizations across multiple platforms. Dow Jones produces newspapers, newswires, web sites, apps, newsletters, magazines, proprietary databases, conferences, radio and video. Its principal products include The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Dow Jones Factiva, Barron's and MarketWatch.
What is the role?
Sales Manager (BASED IN TOKYO)
Reporting to the Regional Sales Director, the Sales Manager (SM) is a front-line sales role responsible for closing new-to-company business, as well as managing an existing territory of accounts and driving growth within those accounts. This is an ideal opportunity for a sharp salesperson with a few years' B2B sales experience, looking to take the next step in their career with one of the world's leading business information providers. This role will be based in Tokyo.
• Generate new streams of Dow Jones revenue through sales of products and services which address prospects’ business needs.
• Complete market analysis to identify good potential target organizations, plus the specific roles and individuals to be prospected.
• Pro-actively prospect the targets identified. Work on business initiatives with colleagues from Sales and other departments.
• Clearly express the value proposition and benefits of the Dow Jones products and solutions, able to conduct live product demos.
• Manage sales forecast and pipeline to ensure accurate recording of prospecting activity, conversion success, and active sales opportunities at each stage of the sales process and forthcoming new business revenue.
• Experiences and/or understanding on the financial industry and its work flow
• Strong results orientation, with the commitment and drive to achieve a new business goal in a demanding and competitive business environment
• Passionate about closing business, with a “can do” attitude and ability to work independently where needed
• Excellent communication skills and exceptional interpersonal skills
• High level of business awareness to help build credibility with the prospect, spot potential opportunities within a peer group or industry sector, and express the benefits of Dow Jones in the appropriate business context
• Exceptional negotiation and closing skills to ensure sales opportunities are managed to a successful conclusion
• A proven successful track record of at least 4 years in a new business role
• Professional level of both Japanese and English in speaking and writing is required.
What do we offer?
We offer a professional, progressive and multicultural work environment for you to grow both personally as well as the opportunity to work for one of the world’s leading financial and business news companies.
How do you apply?
If you feel that this exciting and fast paced position matches your skills, experience and motivation, please submit your CV and state your salary expectations to be considered to: https://newscorp.taleo.net/careersection/djexternal/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=100001139
**Only short listed candidates will be notified**