|PEAK6 Investments, established in 1997, is a leading financial institution in Chicago with a demonstrated track record of success in proprietary trading. Specializing in inventory and risk management, PEAK6 Investments employs state of the art technology and proprietary tools and is thoroughly committed to building the next generation of automated trading systems and businesses. PEAK6 is constantly expanding its commercial focus to include leading-edge initiatives in the hedge fund, online media, retail options brokerage and institutional trading segments.|
Voted Chicago's Best and Brightest Employers to Work For, four of the last five years, PEAK6 Investments offers: competitive salary, performance bonuses, and a great benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, 401K, paid vacation, sickness and disability benefits, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, along with a casual work environment and dress code and the occasional yoga class. PEAK6 currently employs over 400 professionals and is rapidly growing in scope, complexity and depth of operation.
OptionsHouse is currently seeking a user-interface specialist to join the technology team. The ideal candidate will be able to contribute immediately to our ambitious, content-rich website. Back-end/middle-tier experience is encouraged, but strong front-end expertise is a must.
The successful candidate will need to own multiple projects from conception to release. Five years minimum in the front end development space required. Experience in the broker dealer space is a plus.
Core Skills and Responsibilities:
- 5+ years of Front End Development experience
- Should have experience with at least two of the following: ExtJS, jQuery, Prototype, Dojo, etc
- UI specialist who can collaborate effectively with information architects, visual designers, back-end developers, product managers and business users
- Thorough understanding of CSS principles with a clear ideology for managing maintainable, scalable and cross-browser code
- Cross-browser troubleshooter who can debug complex RIA layouts
- Must also have experience with XML, XSLT, XML Schemas, XPath, JSON and other data exchange and manipulation technologies
- Back-end experience with Java, SQL, etc. a plus
See Job Description