Global Consultant Relations - Account Manager
Within the Client Businesses Group, we pride ourselves on creating, communicating and delivering investment solutions for clients worldwide. To that end, we have teams of professionals with expertise in the many functions that combined make this effort successful and sustainable, including relationship management, marketing, sales, client service, and product development and management.
We serve institutional and retail clients in more than 60 countries, including pension funds, foundations, endowments, official institutions, insurance companies, subadvisory relationships, high net worth individuals, family offices and private banks. Further, we work to cultivate relationships with key distributors of our investment products, such as broker-dealers, banks, registered investment advisers, financial planners, insurance companies and building societies.
The Global Consultant Relations (GCR) teams sits within the Institutional Global Client Group. GCR is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with global, regional and local consultants across all asset classes. Primarily based in the US and UK, the group is also represented in Japan, Asia and Australia.
GCR is seeking an experienced professional to manage relationships with US institutional investment consultants. This includes marketing BlackRock and our products to research and field consultants within the assigned firms, working with client account managers to service shared client assignments, and developing relationships with key decision-makers within each firm. The successful candidate will work closely with a team leader within the group as well as BlackRock's Portfolio Management Group (PMG), client account teams and consultant support teams, and with senior management as appropriate.
Skills & Qualifications
- Work closely with team leader to develop and execute marketing plans for each assigned firm, focusing on GCG priority products and those with shared assignments
- Maintain regular dialogue on BlackRock and products with assigned firms
- Serve as resource to consultants on markets, product development and trends
- Partner with PMG to develop and execute marketing plans to consultants for select products
- Work closely with client account managers to enhance relationships with field consultants
- Oversee responses to incoming queries and opportunities
- Track activities and maintain contact information in contact management system
- Oversee meeting coordination and material preparation
- Contribute to career development of other GCR team members
- Strong understanding of institutional investment marketplace
- 6-8 years of experience working with institutional clients and/or consultants
- BA/BS degree in related field - MBA/CFA highly desirable
- Sales and revenue orientation and motivation
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical ability
- Organized and detail-oriented with strong time management skills
- Has, or is willing to obtain, the series 7, 63, and 3 licenses
- 50-60% of travel required
- Effective team player; able to work with people of all levels
- High level of self-motivation, with strong integrity & ethics
BlackRock is proud to be an E-Verify & Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer--M/F/D/V.
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions -- from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.