State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $25.42 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.18 trillion in assets under management at March 31, 2013, State Street operates globally in more than 100 geographic markets and employs 29,460 worldwide. For more information, visit State Street's website at www.statestreet.com.
Promoting a culture of excellence
With more than 29,460 employees across 29 countries, at State Street, our people are our greatest asset. We recognize that highly skilled, engaged and productive employees are essential to our success. Our company values reflect our commitment to employee engagement, Global Inclusion and corporate social responsibility -- to help you build a fulfilling career. Around the world, we aim to be an employer of choice by offering competitive compensation and benefits, personal and professional development opportunities, and a work environment that promotes a diverse array of people, ideas and skills.
We're a company that insists on, and rewards, performance excellence. We know our success hinges on attracting the best people to join us -- people like you.
We encourage you to explore the possibilities that a career at State Street can offer you.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, military and veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
As a Pricing Specialist, Associate 1, you will interact internally with global Centers of Excellence, Client Operations teams, business unit Shared Service teams and Joint Venture operations teams to complete applicable day-to-day activities, relating to the overall processing for assigned clients and portfolios.
- Reviews and validates all daily activity in an accurate and timely manner, and maintains all required controls to ensure overall accuracy
- Performs the necessary due diligence to ensure all pricing sources are reviewed, analyzed and compared/contrasted before relevant information is released to Fund Accounting and the client.
- Works in conjunction with individuals on the team as well as other shared services/COEs and Client Operations to ensure seamless pricing valuations according to the fund's policies
- Supports the research and resolution process for exceptions and inquiries
- Monitors and identifies halted/suspended domestic and international securities and notifies the Senior Specialists, Fund Accounting and the client appropriately with detailed information
- Provides information needed to prepare financial statements and reports for client, shareholder, director and management reports, in an accurate and timely manner
- Prices corporate actions
- Remains familiar with back-up procedures when system applications and/or transmission problems arise
- Maintains records in support of audits
- May perform other duties as requested
Security Valuation Specific Responsibilities
- Retrieves and monitors availability of prices for designated portfolios
- Gathers appropriate backup, maintain spreadsheets, contact brokers, and print various exception reports to support the pricing process
- Interacts with third parties as necessary
- Interacts with clients in a limited capacity for time critical issues during the pricing window as agreed to with Client Operations
- Bachelor's degree with business related coursework or B.S. degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- 0-1 years of related custody and/ or fund accounting experience, accounting, finance, mutual fund operation, loan operations or related careers preferred.
- Strong computer competence (Microsoft Applications: Word, Excel)
- Aptitude for math
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure, and within a deadline oriented environment