For companies today, everything is fast paced. The speed at which technology advances is incredible. While there's non-stop regulatory reform, moves are also underway to deregulate and company stakeholders increasingly demand transparency and accountability. Meanwhile, emerging markets and continued economic uncertainty add to an already risky business environment.
From the boardrooms to the back offices, we work with companies to deliver company controls that help them protect and strengthen every aspect of their business from people to performance, systems to strategy, and business plans to business resilience.
PwC's Risk Assurance (RA) practice is composed of more than 2,300 resources with significant industry and technical expertise in a broad range of risk and compliance issues.
We help companies achieve the confidence needed for strong three lines of defense on risk by:
-Building and fortifying internal and IT risk controls
-Developing and strengthening risk and compliance programs
-Improving the capabilities of Internal Audit function
We draw proudly on our auditing heritage as well as our commercial experience to rigorously evaluate and implement a companies governance procedures, processes, information, and controls. We provide broad support across a business to elevate trust and transparency, protect the business and give all parties assurance that risks are fully anticipated, understood, and managed strategically.
The Internal Audit (IA) Services practice comprises a global network of professionals who provide a full range of services which include outsourcing and co-sourcing and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance services. We also provide IA Performance Improvement services including External Quality Assessments and strategic assessments designed to help IA realize its full strategic potential. All of these services encompass PwC's strong industry sector experience and knowledge.
PwC's Internal Audit team provides services related to enhancing the value and effectiveness of the internal audit function. This requires an understanding of an organization's objectives, risks, risk management priorities, regulatory environment, and the diverse needs of critical stakeholders including executive management, the board, employees, and shareholders. These needs determine the risk profile of the organization and the strategic focus, organization, resources and practices required of its internal audit department.
PwC Internal Audit professionals bring the right mix of internal audit experience, industry-specific knowledge and highly technical specialized skill sets into a clients internal audit function. Our approach provides flexibility with the right knowledge to deliver relevant and focused internal audit results.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success in a role leveraging in the creation of project solutions, current hot topics for Chief Audit Executives, Internal Audit directors, Chief Compliance officers, Audit Committees and Risk Management personnel.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge and a proven record of success in completing aspects of the Internal Audit process, control evaluation and testing methodologies, and other Financial and Operational Internal Control methodologies and terminology e.g. COSO.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of, and a proven record of success in a role as an industry thought leader with or directing company- or firm-wide functions within, the following areas as it applies to the planning, executing and reporting financial, operational and compliance related audits/projects to facilitate complex financial, operational and compliance related engagements:
- Corporate Governance and Sarbanes Oxley Act's regulations and requirements, including compliance readiness programs
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Financial and operational fraud risk management
- Antifraud internal controls
- IT general and process controls, including Data Privacy and IT security
- Anti-corruption and anti-bribery
- Auditor Independence
- Demonstrates thorough levels of, and/or a proven record of success with, the following skills and abilities:
- Leading teams, emphasizing the supervising of staff by creating a positive working environment through the building of solid relationships with team members; the monitoring of workloads of all team members; adjustment and redistribution of assignments accordingly to promote work/life quality, the taking into account of team members 'capabilities and needs and meeting of client expectations; encouragement of team dialogue; the providing of candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; and the keeping of team members and leadership informed on progress and issues.
- Using available technical resources and tools to research and expand one's sphere of knowledge to enhance work product, significantly contribute to business development efforts and to remain up to date on client and firm hot topics while sharing the knowledge amongst the team where applicable.
- Collaborating directly with clients, identifying and addressing client needs through building solid relationships with clients; understanding the client's business; communicating a broad range of Firm services to the client in an organized and knowledgeable manner and actively participating in client discussions and meetings.
- Managing day-to-day engagement operations, including preparing concise, accurate documents and balancing project economics management with the occurrence of unanticipated issues; demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks; and communicating potential conflicts to leadership.
- Evaluating internal controls design; identify key risks and controls, develop and or review audit programs, benchmark financial and operational processes and controls as well as perform controls optimization.
- Creating high quality deliverables using appropriate business and technical language, especially developing and reviewing audit programs or testing steps, adapting an audit program to suit a client's specific environment, and/or designing controls evaluation and testing work plans.
- Involving with and contributing to non-client specific firm-wide strategies and initiatives.
Min Year Exp:
Min Degree(s) and Certifications:
Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts Degree in Finance, Accounting and/or Business Administration
Required Certifications: CIA, CPA or CISA