Eastspring Investments, part of Prudential Corporation Asia, is Prudential's asset management business in Asia. We are one of Asia's largest asset managers, with operations in 12 markets, approximately 2000 employees in Asia and about US$85 billion (£53.4 billion) in assets under management (at 31 March 2012). We are one of the largest multi-national onshore mutual fund managers in the region.
About half of our total assets are sourced from third party clients and we manage funds on behalf of a wide range of retail and institutional investors, including life and pension products sold by Prudential in the UK, the US and across Asia.
We have investment teams in nine markets, including our regional hub in Singapore. Our investment managers are all based in Asia, close to the markets and the businesses in which we invest. They manage funds across a broad range of asset classes including one of the largest Fixed Income portfolios in Asia, Asia equities (including global emerging market equities) and alternative assets including an absolute return fund, private equity, property and infrastructure. Our team also includes a specialist Global Asset Allocation team which manages portfolios worldwide from the perspective of the world's fastest growing region.
Eastspring Investments operates in Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, the United Arab Emirates, Vietnam and Indonesia, and has joint venture operations in India, China and Hong Kong. We also recently announced the opening of our US office, taking our Asia investment expertise to the world's largest institutional market.
Job Scope: The candidate will perform Corporate Secretarial duties for the Singapore & Hong Kong offices of Eastspring Investments as well as a number of incorporated entities established by these offices in various offshore jurisdictions.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable provisions of the Companies Act in Singapore and Hong Kong by establishing proper processes and controls to comply with these provisions, and update the processes and controls on at least an annual basis to ensure that they are up-to-date and effective.
• Ensure the smooth running of the board / audit committee / other committee / general meetings (preparation and drafting of meeting agendas, regular reports, co-ordination of papers, meeting logistics and recording of minutes), maintain statutory registers, draft circular resolutions and liaise with directors for their signatures.
• Work closely with various business managers within Eastspring Singapore & Eastspring Hong Kong as well as the regional offices to ensure that statutory filings / reporting to Registrar of Companies are done on time and properly in the relevant jurisdictions.
• Monitor changes to companies laws in Singapore / Hong Kong / relevant jurisdictions, assess impact of these changes to Eastspring Singapore/Eastspring Hong Kong/ fund companies, advise Eastspring CEO / Eastspring COO/CFO and the Head of Compliance of impact, and propose and implement a compliance action plan to ensure compliance in a timely and proper manner.
• Co-ordinate with lawyers in relevant jurisdictions (countries where funds have been incorporated) to monitor changes in the companies laws, assess impact of these changes, advise Eastspring CEO / Eastspring COO/CFO/ Head of Compliance of impact, and propose and implement a compliance action plan to ensure compliance in a timely and proper manner.
• Carry out special or ad hoc projects and all other general company secretarial and administrative duties.
• Ensure that the department keeps pace with developing and emerging best practice, regulatory and corporate governance developments (Prepare and draft reports and papers on relevant matters).
Background and Education:
The candidate should:-
• possess relevant professional Chartered Secretary qualifications from any relevant jurisdiction and/or be a holder of a Law degree from a reputable university
• have at least 5 years' relevant experience, preferably in a similar role in a Public Company, service provider or financial institution
Key Personal Attributes:
The candidate should:-
• be conscientious, meticulous and well organized
• have a strong ability to work under tight deadlines and manage complexity
• be a strong team player
• be able to work with colleagues from different functions and business units
• be able to work in a culturally diverse environment
• possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
• have a flexible and positive attitude towards work
This is a part-time position and would ideally suit someone who wants to work less than 40 hours per week.