State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $25.42 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.18 trillion in assets under management at March 31, 2013, State Street operates globally in more than 100 geographic markets and employs 29,460 worldwide. For more information, visit State Street's website at www.statestreet.com.
Promoting a culture of excellence
With more than 29,460 employees across 29 countries, at State Street, our people are our greatest asset. We recognize that highly skilled, engaged and productive employees are essential to our success. Our company values reflect our commitment to employee engagement, Global Inclusion and corporate social responsibility -- to help you build a fulfilling career. Around the world, we aim to be an employer of choice by offering competitive compensation and benefits, personal and professional development opportunities, and a work environment that promotes a diverse array of people, ideas and skills.
We're a company that insists on, and rewards, performance excellence. We know our success hinges on attracting the best people to join us -- people like you.
We encourage you to explore the possibilities that a career at State Street can offer you.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, military and veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
This is the entry-level professional position in the Tax Department. Individuals perform mutual fund tax reporting functions in a manner that ensures fund objectives.
This is an entry, training level position. Individuals are learning about all aspects of tax administration. Work is routinely reviewed by an immediate manager.
• Prepare simple federal, state and city income and franchise tax returns for mutual fund clients.
• Understand the Fund Accounting System to compile audit and tax work papers and returns.
• Establish knowledge of IRS tax laws
• Review IRS compliance packages prepared by Fund Administration.
• Equivalent to a B.S. degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field..
• Experience in mutual fund accounting and/or taxation, compliance, auditing or related business activity.
• Good attention to detail and time management skills.
• Knowledge of Fund Accounting Systems and data collection capabilities.
• Demonstrated computer proficiency