The Public Sector practice of PwC is a fast growing, focused organization that is a trusted advisor providing business advisory and assurance services to the Federal Government. We are engaged in some of the Government's most difficult challenges.
We are at work with every cabinet agency providing project management, business and financial planning for the Department of Defense, advising on data security, threat and vulnerability management for the Department of Homeland Security, and consulting on human capital and succession issues for the Internal Revenue Service.
PwC delivers premier management consulting services to the Federal Government using what we term the Auditors' Lensâ„¢ to enable government agencies, their key programs and their leadership to achieve transparency, accountability and operational effectiveness.
As a member of the PricewaterhouseCoopers Advisory team, you will join professionals with unparalleled financial and accounting expertise, knowledge of business processes, industry insight and technology, and customer relationship skills. Through our capabilities in these areas, we assist our clients in translating strategy into action.
PwC offers advice and support for key client issues, using technology, data services and change management effectiveness skills to provide you with the best solution. Risk Management services we provide include the following:
• Improving decision making for strategic planning and capital allocation
• Reducing cost and increasing effectiveness of compliance activities
• Avoiding/recovering from a compliance failure
• Risk and compliance oversight
Thorough knowledge and understanding of security analysis and risk management principals, federal safety and security planning and compliance requirements, continuity of operations planning, and/or emergency response and recovery planning and operations. Thorough experience leading or facilitating relevant project management or client consultations in the areas of Risk Management.
Thorough knowledge of the Federal Transit Administration, Transportation Security Administration, United States Coast Guard and/or Federal Emergency Management Agency. Understanding of Federal Homeland Security Grant programs preferred. Familiarity with requirements of key Federal laws, presidential directives, national strategies, strategic plans and sector specific plans preferred.
Thorough experience and the ability to design and implement financial and process improvement solutions, analyze financial/accounting environment and evaluate programmatic operations and processes
Thorough experience obtaining, processing, and analyzing large data sets and in assessing the quality, comparability, and utility of different datasets.
Thorough experience working for Federal clients is preferred and extensive experience managing groups of personnel in a project environment, evaluating performance, providing performance feedback, coaching and mentoring
Strong ability to communicate project goals and objectives, project status and deliverables with senior executives and lead workshops, build consensus and present standard industry practices/point of view effectively.
Considerable experience identifying and addressing client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement; communicating value propositions; managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections; and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials.
Considerable experience as a team leader: supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; and coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback.
Minimum Years of Experience Necessary:
Minimum Degree(s) and Certification(s) Required:
Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree required. Preferred concentration: Management, Government, Policy or Criminal Justice. Graduate level degree preferred.
Security Investigation: Recommended applicants will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
This role will manage proposals with a focus on producing on-time, compliant, and winning Federal Government proposals. Including:
• Coordinate with business development to understand business plans and capture objectives
• Conduct strategy sessions to develop win strategies and themes, identify and assess competitors, and identify client hot buttons and main points
• Occasionally participate as a company representative on external capture team to gather important proposal information
• Participate in Bid/No Bid decision meetings and provide recommendations
• Perform detailed analyses of requirements documents (e.g., RFP, RFQ, SOW) and communicate the results
• Manage proposal development documentation (i.e., outline, team assignments, proposal management plan, schedule, kick-off meeting materials, writing plans, etc.)
• Establish and maintain communications among local and remote employees and teammates using collaborative tools, phone calls, e-mail, etc.
• Lead and direct the team of writers and write assigned sections of the proposal as needed
• Provide direction and coordination content for proposal graphics; acquire necessary graphics support
• Perform substantive reviews of both text and graphics, ensure the assigned writing sections comply with RFP requirements, contain win strategies and win themes, and comply with standard format and style criteria
• Provide orientation and training for new proposal team members on the proposal development process and procedures, writing strategies, etc.
• Manage the development of corporate boilerplate and maintain the boilerplate library to include the maintenance of past proposal products
• Coordinate with pricing staff to ensure that all of the information needed to prepare the Cost Proposal is available and input is received on time
• Coordinate and obtain Partner signoff
• Participate in the negotiations when necessary to support our proposal
• Attend win/loss debriefings and assist with developing lessons learned
• Ensure that all documentation relevant to the project is retained in a systematic way so that, in the event of a winning bid, the documentation may be handed over to the project manager during project initiation
• Able to work evenings or on weekends as required to meet proposal deadlines
• B.A. or B.S. required. Strong preference given to English, Journalism, or Communications degrees
• Minimum of 6 years working in a proposal production environment
• Aptitude to work professionally, effectively, and collaboratively in a deadline-driven environment