for our clients. This is made possible by our people: agile minds, able to see beyond the obvious act effectively in an ever-changing global business landscape. As you'll discover, our culture supports this. Diverse, international and shaped by a variety of different perspectives, we're driven by a shared sense of purpose. At every level agile minds are rewarded with competitive pay, support and the opportunity to excel.
Named the "Best Global Investment Bank" in Euromoney Magazine's annual Awards for Excellence, Deutsche Bank is a leader in Germany and Europe and is continuously growing in North America, Asia and key emerging markets.
Responsible for the oversight of all the financial details of Deutsche Bank, Group Finance protects the interests of shareholders ensuring their returns are maximized over time by providing insightful analysis as well as focusing on the control environment and accurate financial information.
Employing around 5,000 people in 53 countries, Group Finance focuses on the control environment and assures accurate and timely financial information. Providing high-quality advice and analysis across the bank, Group Finance measures and analyzes performance and develops strategies that control costs, limit risk and strengthen decision-making process. The function comprises; Finance, Treasury, Investor Relations, Corporate Insurance (Deukona), Chief Operating Office and Tax.
Our people are outstanding individuals with agile minds, from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. They generate fresh ideas and innovative solutions which set us apart from our competitors and add value to our clients.
Job Title Business Manager Specialist - Central Planning & Analysis
Location New Jersey
The work of the Central Financial Business Management group focuses on the providing GT support for management reporting, process standardization, central initiatives and central cost management. This entails a high level of interaction with various teams across the bank as well as communication with multiple levels of management globally.
We are looking for a versatile New Jersey based team member to join our existing group to focus on provider cost management and reporting, central process re-engineering relating to automation, provider cost analysis, and GT report standardization. This role reports to the NJ team lead and is part of a global team spanning mainly UK, Germany, Moscow, Asia. Overall we support Wholesale and Retail IT Development groups and their clients.
Main duties include the following:
Provider Cost Analysis
- Subject Matter Expert for GT and GT-1 provider cost analysis
- Management of the GT and GT-1 standard provider pack production and publications
- Central coordination of the total GT provider view for senior management review
- Central commentary consolidation and submission for senior reporting
- ExCo, GOC, GEC financial presentation support and submissions
- Management of the central reporting inventory and management of business requirements
- Management of the offshore responsibilities, KPI, performance feedback
- Management of the GT Flash submission process
- Oversight of the validation and consolidation of the monthly flash results
- Monthly reporting reviews with senior management
- Management and coaching of junior staff
- Subject Matter Expert on datacore reporting for GT
- Subject Matter Expert on allocation tools impacting the PNL, FSI allocation lines, and PNL overall
- Management of project initiatives lead by the central team to ensure end to end roll out, adoption, and automation
- Contribution and participation in central workstreams
Professional and Personal Qualifications
- Business management or controlling experience in the financial industry.
- High proficiency in Excel, Microsoft access, Thinkcell, Powerpoint, Graphing, Charting, Hyperion/Essbase, and ability to work with large complex datasets.
- Financial experience and knowledge of accounting principles & practices, including budgeting and forecasting.
- Has experience presenting to senior management and feels comfortable in such a role.
- Ability to monitor, track and clearly communicate progress, escalating issues when appropriate.
- The ability to work either independently or as an integral team member sharing ideas and following group standards
- Strong attention to detail, quick turnaround time, and adaptability to variation in the work type
- Time Management skills -ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment with various work-streams and demands in place simultaneously. Strong ability to prioritize and problem solve.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently, choosing the most appropriate method and medium depending on audience.
- Ability to develop and implement processes for the long term strategic solution while managing the short term tactical approach.
At Deutsche Bank, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action (M/F/D/V) employer.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website at db.com/careers