Vanguard, one of the world's largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, seeks career-oriented individuals, with a passion for finance and financial operations, for the Acceleration Into Financial Professional Program (AFP). The program is available to graduating seniors who are ready to enter the business world and eager to continue learning in a well-defined, hands-on program.
About the program
AFP is a challenging rotational program that immerses you in all the financial operations of a mutual fund company. The one-year program consists of four rotations (three within our Financial Division and one within another business unit) that expose you and your colleagues to challenges that impact our business objectives and sharpen your analytical skills for decision-making and risk mitigation. You'll develop a deeper understanding of the Finance Division and its mission to safeguard fund and corporate assets, and to provide a variety of value-added services to internal businesses and shareholders.
The four rotations that you'll complete are:
- Corporate Financial Services, which prepares Vanguard's financial statements and provides analytical support for business decision-making. Assignments could include business planning for departments and divisions, financial modeling for projects and corporate initiatives, and reporting corporate financial performance.
- Fund Financial Services, which provides the middle-office, back-office, and information management support for all of Vanguard's investment products. Assignments could include trade support, corporate actions, proxies, and pricing functions for Vanguard's family of funds.
- Internal Audit, which seeks to safeguard the company by working with clients to manage business risk. Assignments could include SAS 70 auditing, risk-based audits, and risk control consulting with departments and divisions.
- Other business-unit assignment, which offers you experience working with Vanguard clients and the opportunity to gain a broader perspective of Vanguard's core business.
Upon successful completion of the program, you'll be launched into one of the following positions based on your strengths, our business needs, and your long-term professional goals:
- Corporate financial analyst.
- Fund analyst.
- Process specialist.
To help ensure your success, the program begins with several weeks of intensive training on the financial industry and Vanguard's investment philosophy, products, and services. During each assignment, you and your classmates will work closely with Financial Division professionals who are committed to your growth and success. And between rotations you'll receive ongoing training at Vanguard University®, our award-winning on-site educational facility.
The ideal candidate is a graduating college senior who possesses:
- A bachelor's degree is required. Majors in finance, accounting, or economics are preferred.
- Preferred cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Effective communication, analytical, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- Professional demeanor with clients, colleagues, and management.
- Ability to work well independently and as a part of a team.
Note: Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. Additionally, employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result