Vanguard, one of the world's largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, seeks career-oriented individuals with a passion for learning for our College to Corporate Internship Program. The program is available to students in all majors who are completing their junior year of college, are looking for a challenging summer internship experience, and want the opportunity to build their leadership skills.
About the program
The College to Corporate Internship Programis a structured, full-time, paid summer internship that offers you the opportunity to work on real-world challenges, expand your expertise in a particular discipline, and develop a broad understanding of Vanguard's business. You'll be assigned to a department based on your experiences, interests, as well as our business needs. Among the various potential internship assignments are opportunities in finance, sales and marketing, information technology (PA or NC), and client relationship management.
To help ensure your success, you'll participate in a structured development program that will help you and your fellow interns build a range of important skills. You'll be given several opportunitiesto learnfrom experts, gain exceptional hands-on experience, and network with peers and management. At the end of the summer, you and your group will have developed strong, lasting relationships with each other and Vanguard.
Here are just a few examples of the skills you'll build during the program:
- Client services: You'll develop an in-depth understanding of Vanguard's mission, initiatives, and functions. And you'll learn how Vanguard's investment and service philosophy impacts our clients and team members every day.
- Project management: By supporting business units and assisting with large-scale projects that impact services to our shareholders, you'll learn how technology, financial analysis, and business operations drive projects in a major corporation.
- Professional development: You'll gain the experience and knowledge to navigate successfully in a large corporation. And you'll develop professional relationships and build the skills to function in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
If you successfully complete this intensive summer experience, you could be offered a permanent full-time, entry-level position or a place in a rotational specialty program for recent college graduates. The specialty programs provide an intensive work-training experience in every aspect of a particular discipline. Depending on location, our specialty programs focus on:
- Leadership, project management, and client relationship management (Arizona).
- Leadership, project management, client relationship management, and information technology (North Carolina).
- Leadership, project management, client relationship management, finance, investments, sales and information technology (Pennsylvania).
The ideal candidate is a current college junior in any major who possesses:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred.
- Effective leadership, communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team in a dynamic work environment.
Note: Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. Additionally, employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result