Vanguard, one of the world's largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, seeks flexible, career-oriented individuals with a passion for learning for our MBA Summer Internship Program. The program is available to full-time, first-year, MBA students who are looking for a challenging summer internship experience and want the opportunity to gain real-world experience, build their critical thinking and leadership skills, and make invaluable contacts.
About the program
The MBA Summer Internship Program is a full-time, paid program that provides an unparalleled introduction to a range of rewarding opportunities and to a network of professionals from across our organization. As an industry-leader, Vanguard can immerse you in various business challenges, expand your expertise in a particular discipline, and help you develop a broad understanding of our business.
Internship placement is based on your area of concentration, strengths and interests, and business need. Typical areas of concentration for MBA candidates are general management or investment management with placement in areas such as finance, marketing, or operations.
Here are examples of previous placement opportunities:
- Corporate Financial Services: Gain an in-depth understanding of a corporate or divisional-operations business unit (such as Information Technology, Brokerage Services, or Retail Investor Group) from a product development, pricing, and marketing and administration viewpoint. To support your business unit's strategic and tactical planning efforts, you'll provide a variety of models and financial analyses, including cost/benefit, net-present value, pricing, forecasting, and expense drivers.
- Marketing: This assignment helps you develop a broad knowledge of investment industry forces and competitors, and of the demographic and societal trends that may impact Vanguard's success. Opportunities exist in a number of marketing areas, including Institutional, Retail Services, and Client Segmentation.
- Portfolio Review Department: The Portfolio Review Department bears primary responsibility for external advisor relationships and fund oversight. This assignment provides exposure to actively and passively managed funds, economic drivers, strategies, and portfolio managers prevalent in the investment management industry. Projects include researching and writing fund commentaries, and contributing to market and economic reports. You'll also gain insight into manager selection and portfolio positioning.
To help ensure your success, this highly concentrated work experience will expose you to diverse business units and their unique processes. As a valued member of your departmental team, you'll continually test and enhance your critical thinking and leadership skills. And you will have ample opportunities to network with peers and management, learn from experts, and gain exceptional, hands-on experience.
The MBA Summer Internship Program is viewed as a primary feeder for Vanguard's MBA Development Program, a fast-paced and challenging rotational program targeting participants interested in careers in general management and investment management. During the summer, interns will have the opportunity to learn more about the full-time program as well as other opportunities throughout the organization.
Ideal candidates are full-time, first-year MBA students who possess:
- Preferred cumulative undergraduate and graduate GPA of 3.2 or higher.
- Minimum of three to five years of prior related work experience.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred for general management path.
- Previous investment management experience preferred for investment path.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solid leadership and project management skills.
Note: Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. Additionally, employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result