Software Engineer - Treasury & Liquidity
Where Wall Street Meets Silicon Valley
Founded in 1997, Calypso Technology is a leading global application software provider for the capital markets industry, delivering an integrated suite of trading, risk and processing applications within many of the premier financial institutions including banks, asset managers, hedge funds, and other players participating in the world's financial markets.
Our innovative platform is the industry's first integrated application suite with the ability to support the trading, risk management, and processing of various financial products such as Interest Rate, Credit, Foreign Exchange, Commodity and Equity and their derivatives.
With offices in global financial centers including San Francisco (headquarters), New York, London, Sao Paulo, Paris, Frankfurt, Copenhagen, Moscow, Johannesburg, Sydney, Tokyo, Singapore, Hong Kong, Beijing, Mumbai and Chennai, our 600+ employees include some of the best talent from the capital markets and technology industries. Our global presence offers international exposure, experience and travel for many of our employees.
Calypso Technology's clients are industry innovators and leaders - from 8 of the world's top 10 banks to regional and local banks, and the world's largest asset managers , leading hedge funds , and insurance companies. With over 110+ customers and 25,000+ users around the world, we are extremely proud of the relationships we have developed. A partial list of our clients can be found here : www.calypso.com/customers/
Join a world-class team of professionals who share a passion to succeed. Discover how Calypso Technology can help you navigate your journey to a rewarding career.
Calypso Technology is seeking a principal software engineer who will be responsible for the design and development of new software modules, enhancements to existing components, and maintenance of a large-scale capital markets application.
The position is with the Treasury and Liquidity group, which facilitates treasury operations including management of liquidity risk, regulatory compliance, funding, and cost control. The candidate would be part of building out a major new business for Calypso. Qualified candidates would need to be experienced working on large, long-term software projects.
The job requires exceptional software design and architecture capability, as well as understanding of global derivatives markets. The candidate needs to be able to understand the complexities of treasury operations, and provide intelligent solutions to the problems. Engineers must plan for a high-volume, high-performance system, while also being able to respond to the rapid changes in the capital markets business.
- Develop financial software to facilitate treasury operations.
- Design, plan, and oversee major new enhancements to existing systems.
- Take ownership and manage roadmap of large functional areas.
- Develop enhancements, fixes, and tests.
- Review code and designs.
- Analyze defects and coordinate development of fixes.
- Work with Product Management and Quality Assurance to design, build, and test the system.
- Recommend and execute plans to improve development tools and processes.
Skills & Requirements:
- 7+ years of development experience in Java.
- Excellent object-oriented analysis, design & development skills.
- Excellent analytic skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong communication and the ability to work well in a small team.
- Experience prioritizing issues and estimating development.
- Experience with treasury operations and/or derivatives markets.
- Experience with the following: Basel II/III, securities processing, treasury operations, transfer pricing, cash management
- Experience with high volume processing
- Experience with software tools such as Eclipse and SVN.
- BS or higher in computer science or a related field.
Calypso offers career development opportunities, a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package.
Calypso Technology is an equal opportunity employee (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce.