Service Area: Business Risk
Market Offering: Finance Operations & Controls Transformation
AERS Overview: Deloitte's Audit & Enterprise Risk Services help organizations build value by taking a Risk Intelligent approach to managing financial, technology and business risks. This approach helps our clients focus on their areas of increased risk, bridge silos to effectively manage risk across organizational boundaries, and seek not only risk mitigation, but also pursue intelligent risk taking as a means to value creation.
Business Risk ("BR") is a Service Area within AERS. It is comprised of professionals that possess competency and experience in the areas of risk management, business and operational processes, internal auditing, financial reporting and other internal controls, and regulatory compliance. Business risk professionals use these skills to assess, analyze, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of governance, financial and operational control processes, offer recommendations to improve operations, and assist clients with enterprise risk and compliance activities.
Operational Capital Markets
Our Operational Capital Markets practice is a global leader in helping clients improve their strategy and capacity for managing the risks associated with the global marketplace. The practice specializes in all areas of operations, technology, risk management and infrastructure across global asset management, investment banking, insurance, hedge fund, private equity, and mutual fund organizations. Our cross-functional team includes more than 700 practitioners who have served as C-Suite executives, technology managers, risk managers, traders, investment managers, compliance officers, credit managers, regulators, middle-office specialists, operations managers and technology specialists at top-tier industry and consulting organizations.
Candidates will have exceptional records of managerial or professional achievement, deep asset management industry experience and demonstrate the capacity for constant development. Candidates should have the ability to motivate others, communicate complex ideas clearly, win the respect of clients and colleagues, and work both independently and as part of a team. Equally important are analytical and problem solving skills combined with exceptional business acumen, and complex problem solving abilities across operational, organizational and strategic matters. Additionally, a candidate must possess as an aptitude for sales and marketing support to secure business and technology consulting engagements.
The core value of our advisory practice is founded on the strength, integrity and capability of our professionals. Candidates joining our practice should possess intellectual curiosity, creativity, and critical thinking in addition to the qualifications below:
• At least 4 years of industry, vendor or consulting experience in an institutional asset manager, mutual fund company, hedge fund, alternative investment management, fund administration or private equity firm, financial services organization, or consulting firm with a clear record of expertise, accomplishment and impact
• Knowledge of a wide range of investment products including mutual funds, alternative investments, exchange traded funds, derivatives, structured products, hedging strategies, derivative operations & processing, plus familiarity with a project management framework and industry regulations
• Familiarity with the trading, operations, documentation, settlement and reporting processes , counterparty risk for such securities
• Experience using, implementing or supporting systems such as: investment or fund / partnership accounting systems, private equity or hedge fund accounting, order management, securities dealing, loan management, or real estate accounting, risk management
• Full project life cycle skills from the business or technology side where responsibilities included: defining work flows, defining business requirements documents, detailed project planning, data mapping and data migration, defining user test criteria and data, testing, status monitoring, problem tracking and resolution
• The ability to support the proposal development and presentation process
• Strong communication skills and the ability to build relationships with clients
• Ability to work independently; lead small teams focused on specific work streams of larger projects
• Advanced aptitude with Microsoft products including Visio, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Must be willing to travel up to 100%
And a combination of:
• Knowledge of various investment business models such as wealth management, asset management, retail and prime brokerage, venture capital, private equity, hedge funds, and mutual funds.
• Familiarity with investment management or mutual fund systems such as: Advent Geneva and/or WorldInvestor, HedgeTek, Wall Street Office, SunGard VPM, Investran, InvestOne or InvesTier, SS&C CAMRA or PORTIA, Princeton Financial, Eagle STAR, PACE or PERFORM, CheckFree and Risk systems such as Algorithmics, Numberix, RiskMetrics, etc. or order management systems such as Charles River, Linedata, Bloomberg, etc.
• A strong working knowledge of mutual fund accounting, transfer agency and shareholder recordkeeping systems.
• A strong fundamental understanding of risk and portfolio management related to utilizing alternative investments within an investment strategy
• Basic knowledge of collateral management operations, Margin, Repo, CSA, collateral reporting, collateral management technologies
• Knowledge of the vendor and utilities landscape for the alternative investment management market
• Technology or product support to front, middle or back office operations including Data management, Systems configuration and implementation, and Interface development
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients' will be heard.
Visit www.deloitte.com/us/careers to learn more about our culture, benefits and opportunities.
As used in this document, "Deloitte" means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/ about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.