Overview of Oak Hill Investment Management
Oak Hill Investment Management, LP ("OHIM") provides highly customized and integrated asset management, risk management, and tax and estate planning services to a select group of high-net-worth families and institutions. The group manages approximately $10 billion across a variety of asset classes, including public equities and fixed income, hedge funds, private equity, and real assets.
OHIM has a strong and well-defined culture. There is an emphasis on excellence, collaboration and hard work. We enjoy challenges and place a premium on intellectual capital development and personal growth.
Job Description & Requirements
The Associate's primary responsibilities will be sourcing and underwriting secondary, co-investment and direct investment opportunities. The role will include analyzing valuations, growth prospects, and capital structures for companies in a variety of industries.
The Associate will work as an integral member of the private equity team in all aspects of our business (with a primary emphasis on the secondary, co-invest and direct area): sourcing investments, managing and screening deal flow, conducting due diligence, monitoring existing investments, and interacting with clients. This work will require performing detailed quantitative analysis on fund portfolios and individual companies, conducting market and competitive research, analyzing valuation metrics, maintaining certain databases, drafting investment memoranda and preparing other reports and financial analyses.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications :
- one to three years of experience at a leading investment management, private equity or venture capital, investment banking, or strategy consulting firm; private equity experience is not required,
- experience with case studies or project management,
- outstanding oral and written communication skills,
- excellent academic credentials; post-graduate degree is not a requirement,
- strong financial modeling skills and ability to make thoughtful recommendations.
The ideal candidate will possess the following personal attributes:
- attention to detail and ability to manage deadlines,
- intellectual curiosity and analytical mindset,
- pristine ethics and trustworthiness,
- entrepreneurial yet team-oriented mindset,
- excellent interpersonal skills,
- ability to work well with internal and external parties.
How to Apply
For those interested in applying to the position, please email a cover letter and resume to James Scarbrough at email@example.com . In the cover letter, please discuss why a particular private equity transaction or trend is interesting to you and your prediction for what will be the biggest story in private equity for 2013. Please note that a cover letter is required. Thank you for your interest and we look forward to being in touch.
Oak Hill Investment Management, LP
2885 Sand Hill Road, Suite 100
Menlo Park, CA 94025