BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets.
The Business Finance team is part of the Global Strategy & Planning (GS&P) organization which combines high-level strategic insight with rigorous analysis to drive the BlackRock vision. The group partners with leadership teams across the organization to identify, analyze, and address complex questions and issues.
* * * * * * * * * *
BlackRock currently seeks an Analyst to join the Alternatives Business Finance team based in New York. The candidate's primary responsibility would be to drive business reporting related to the various Alternatives businesses which include hedge funds, fund of funds, real estate, and private equity to assess the underlying drivers of changes in these metrics. Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop detailed budget and forecast models to drive high quality decision-making and closely monitor firm performance
- Analyze trends in the Alternatives businesses each month and produce detailed reports for senior management highlighting key changes
- Understand key revenue and expense drivers and work with Alternatives business management to optimize productivity
- Liaise with counterparts in the Client Businesses and Investments teams to identify and support trends in AUM, flows, revenues, client wins / losses, and market outlook / performance
- Identify, investigate, and resolve data discrepancies; work with partners in Business and Technology Operations and Finance to prevent future occurrences
- Proactively look for opportunities to optimize the current reporting structure and develop new approaches to assess the health of the business
Knowledge and experience requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree, preference for Accounting / Finance, Information Technology, or other computer-related discipline
- 1-2 years of experience in the financial services sector, preferably at a top-tier asset manager or investment bank
- Track record of strong performance
- Strong cross-functional experience in finance, accounting, and technology
- Demonstrable problem-solving, quantitative, and analytical skills; strategic and creative thinking
- History of effective multi-tasking, expectation setting, escalation of issues, where appropriate
- Experience with financial markets, working knowledge of the asset management and/or financial services industry, preferred
- Strong organizational, planning, and coordination skills
- Solid proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications; advanced / expert skills in Excel; experience with Access or Hyperion Essbase preferred, VBA skills a plus
- Ability to clearly articulate and present ideas both in written presentations and orally; to senior management as well as outside audiences
- Exceptional project management skills with attention to detail
- Experience in working on long-term projects
- Collegial orientation; relationship-builder who is solutions-oriented
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of management
- Able to work effectively under pressure and in a rapidly changing environment in order to meet deadlines
- Focused attention to detail and high standards for quality and accuracy in his/her work product
- Professional, positive demeanor
- Collaborative, team-oriented, service-oriented
- Strong interest / curiosity about asset management industry
BlackRock is proud to be an E-Verify & Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer-M/F/D/V.
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.