Spot Trading LLC, founded in 1999, is a proprietary trading firm based in Chicago's financial district. We trade options on equities and broad market indices. We have distinguished ourselves amongst our peers in the industry by developing world-class trading technology, an innovative trading model, and a collaborative culture. Our team is comprised of a wide variety of talented professionals, including traders, equity research analysts, financial engineers, technologists, and financial analysts.
Spot's unique culture of teamwork encourages awareness across functional teams and fosters an environment where new ideas are continually shared, debated, and implemented. We recognize that the input of many different disciplines results in the success of our trade.
The passion, integrity and expertise of our team of professionals have driven the success of the firm since its inception. Along with our ongoing pursuit of excellence and adaptability to the changing marketplace, these will continue to be keys to our future success.
To be a part of this future, Spot is always looking for bright, entrepreneurial-minded individuals seeking to achieve, innovate and excel. Join us in meeting the next set of challenges by visiting www.spottradingllc.com to learn more.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for various accounting, finance and regulatory operations of the company, including internal and external reporting and net capital (FOCUS) responsibilities. The ideal candidate will have experience at a broker-dealer or industry knowledge, internal and external reporting experience and a combination of exposure in both public accounting and corporate accounting or finance roles. The position reports to the Director of Finance/Controller.
• Oversee month-end close process and preparation of close package
• Process journal entries and maintain a complete and accurate general ledger in accordance with GAAP and the firm's accounting policies
• Analyze financial reports and records, making recommendations regarding the accounting of revenue, expenses, assets and liabilities
• Maintain spreadsheets, calculations and records to support various balances and analysis
• Prepare various financial statements, reports and regulatory filings in an accurate and timely manner
• Prepare monthly FOCUS report
• Recommend, develop and implement new practices, procedures and systems to improve operating efficiency, reporting capabilities and internal controls
• Oversee accounts payable and fixed assets
• Coordinate and manage the year-end audit with external audit firm
• Coordinate with tax advisor on preparation of partnership annual tax return (and K-1s), quarterly tax distributions and assist with other tax matters
• Work with outside legal counsel on regulatory issues and contract management
• Prepare financial documents required in conjunction with any regulatory audits
• Assist with 401(k) annual audit and 5500
• Research and assist in development of new accounting policies and implement accounting changes to comply with GAAP
• Other accounting/finance projects, as needed
• Hire, supervise and train junior and mid-level accounting and finance staff
Skills & Qualities:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA and/or MBA preferred
• 7-10 years of Accounting/Finance experience; mix of Public/Private preferred
• Broker-Dealer experience and/or Series 27 a plus
• Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, including fair value and valuation of derivative instruments
• Experience interacting with external auditors, banks and regulatory bodies
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills required
• Knowledge of accounting and financial systems; strong general ledger skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
• Outstanding leadership, organizational and communication skills
Job Keywords: GAAP, FOCUS, journal entries, general ledger, accounting