Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, we operate in over 50 countries and employ over 140,000 people.
We provide large corporate, government and institutional clients with a full spectrum of solutions to their strategic advisory, financing and risk management needs. Our clients also benefit from access to the breadth of expertise across Barclays. We're one of the largest financial services providers in the world, and are also engaged in retail banking, credit cards, corporate banking, and wealth and investment management.
For further information about Barclays, please visit our website www.barclays.com.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
- Work with Investment Bank leaders, primarily in the Americas, to inform, educate and engage employees about the strategy and progress of the firm and its constituent businesses
- This full-time role combines strategic communication advice with operational delivery across a range of internal channels, working as part of a fully integrated global internal communication team.
Relationships Build and maintain close working relationship with executive committee members based in the Americas, in particular the Head of Investment Banking, Head of Research, and Chief Operating Officer, as well as their staffs
- Build strong and deep relationships with teams across Banking, Markets and Research to understand the specific features and communication needs of each business area
- Work closely with Internal Communication Business Partner for HR to align client-centric messaging with the employment proposition
- Work closely with internal communication colleagues in other divisions of Barclays, particularly in the Americas, to join up activity across the grou
- Work in conjunction with business leadership teams to design a clear story about the firms' strategy and progress towards achieving it
- Create compelling broadcast communication based on that messaging, that informs and educates employees about the firms' strategy and achievements, in a coordinated way, delivered through multiple online and offline channels
- Work with individual business leaders to design and deliver communication within business areas, sharing and explaining business unit plans and educating employees about their role in delivering them
- Advise senior leaders how to communicate more effectively, including coaching and scripting for presentations
- Own end-to-end delivery of multi-channel broadcast communication directly supporting key projects, working with teams across Barclays as appropriate. Projects may include:
- Organizational change
- Regulatory change and compliance
- Business continuity preparation and activation
- Business expansion
- Create and manage a robust approach to measurement of message reception, retention and understanding, as well as consequent outcomes
- Work as part of an integrated global internal communication team, helping to deliver key set-piece communication activities including communication in support of quarterly financial reporting
- 4+ years of experience in communications, including experience delivering high-profile employee communication globally
- Must have prior experience in the investment banking industry
- BA/BS degree
- Broad knowledge of communication theory and best practice, and when it is relevant
- Strong commercial focus
- Experience working across multiple business units, to tie an organization together under a common identity
- Experience influencing and managing relationships to Managing Director level
- Strong core communication skills in writing, editing and information design
- Excellent planning, prioritization, budgeting and communication strategy development skills, including channel management and audience segmentation
- Experience of planning and managing detailed quantitative and qualitative measurement, to evaluate communication effectiveness
- Strong understanding of relevant risk, governance, legal, compliance and control issues