The Vice President of Sales and Marketing will be responsible for forecasting and achieving Asset Management's customer acquisition goals, including developing monthly and annual investor sales fund raising quota goals and determining the best way to reach these objectives. They will have primary responsibility for marketing and event strategies, and will also hire, supervise, develop and mentor other sales and marketing professionals in the organization.
• Creating the investor sales organization, and go-to-market and operational strategies to achieve fund raising business objectives
• Creating and managing new investor opportunities across multiple channels, in addition to growing existing client relationships
• Determining and monitoring the organization's key performance indicators (KPIs) such as total assets raised/managed, revenue vs. plan, contact rate, quote closure rate and total fund raising costs
• Provide detailed and accurate investor sales projections
• Managing a team of agents, sales professionals, and account managers
• Define and oversee market based compensation and incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve their sales targets
• Oversee the development of marketing strategies and material to support the investor sales objectives, including event strategies
• Execute complex sales negotiations, attend sales presentations and assist in closing direct and indirect investor sales
• Directly manage very large, strategic customer accounts
• Develop sales proposals and responses to request for proposals (RFPs).
• Develops and oversee a sales training program for new and existing employees
• Ensures sales employees are equipped with the product, system and selling-skills training that they require to be successful
• Oversee the application of the Strategic Selling Process and use of company standard CRM system
Job Requirements and Qualifications
• Degree in Finance, Accounting, Marketing, or Economics from a recognized university.
• Candidates with MBA / CFA are preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years selling experience in the financial services industry, with no less than 5 to 7 years in selling and/or distributing alternative investment products (Hedge Fund, Private Equity, Fund of Funds, etc.). Must have previously managed other investor sales professionals.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
• Extensive North American Client relationships in the Registered Investment Advisor, Family Office, and Institutional (Consultants, Pension, Endowments, Foundations) channels
• Experience leading sales for an Alternative Asset Management Fund
• Must possess expertise in selling strategies and methodologies, and demonstrated experience implementing sales processes
• Experience managing a sales team
• Experience in strategic planning and budgeting processes
• High level of oral and written communication skills - Candidate will be enthusiastic, entrepreneurial, and able to work independently.
• Experience marketing private alternative investment fund products is ideal