|The iShares brand was launched in 2000 and has since become the leading ETF provider with over $450 billion in assets under management globally and just under 50% US ETF industry market shares as of October 2009. iShares runs almost 400 ETFs globally, holding securities in various asset classes ranging from US domestic equity to fixed income, to emerging and frontier markets. The target audience for iShares includes intermediaries (financial advisors) and institutional investors.|
iShares ETFs are built around indices by virtually every leading index provider: Barclay?s Capital, Cohen & Steers, Dow Jones, FTSE, FSTE/Xinhua, iBoxx, JP Morgan, Morningstar, MSCI, NASDAQ, NYSE, Russell and Standard & Poor?s. They are diversified like typical index funds, but trade like an exchange listed security, with the advantages of transparency, cost- and tax- efficiency, and index exposure. The iShares business believes its competitive advantages lie in the depth and breadth of its products, the unique expertise and service of its client relationship teams, and its brand strength.
As a iShares Sales Specialist, be effective at handling questions regarding a wide range of iShares products, across all channels.
- Handle all inbound calls from Wire houses, banks, RIA, Institutional and Individual Investors.
- Function as a liaison between the Financial Advisors and respective regional sales personnel both internal and external.
- Develop and maintain above average level of knowledge of iShares products and current economic and market conditions, marketing sales strategies, systems and applications to fully support/service the FAs by offering investment solutions and Individual Investors with all inquiries.
- Support and promote website and product initiatives.
- Support marketing campaigns designed to launch new funds.
- Following-up with FAs and regional sales personnel on problem resolution/updates.
- Ability to multitask, work under tight time constraints and succeed in a challenging and fast paced reward driven environment.
- Play an instrumental role within the sales desk by sharing trends heard on the phone by Advisors and presenting them
- BA/BS required, emphasis on finance or economics preferred.
- High sales acumen and the desire/ability to generate sales opportunities. Must be confident, persuasive and credible over the phone and in person.
- Ability to understand investment products and services, as well as general investment and securities concepts.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to communicate complex information to a wide variety of personnel in a clear, concise and well-organized manner. Excellent telephone skills required to maintain relationships with FAs, approach new prospects, follow up on previous sales efforts, and enhance iShares and BlackRock?s image.
- Professional level of written and verbal communication skills required to provide technical information regarding products and services.
- Strong problem solving and inherent decision making abilities.
- Analytical skills necessary to analyze and interpret complex investment product information and determine appropriate response to meet the needs of Financial Advisors. Capable of applying information about the economy, competitor products and services and other financial information to influence the sales of iShares Funds.
- Strong familiarity with computer applications (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)
- Series 7 and 63 preferred.
- Clean compliance record.
BlackRock is proud to be an E-Verify & Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer?M/F/D/V.
BlackRock is one of the world?s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions ? from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world?s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.