Our client's Financial Services Advisory practice focuses on financial services risk management, trading, regulatory, quantitative, technology, operations and accounting backgrounds. We currently are seeking highly motivated Senior Consultants.
We currently are seeking highly motivated Senior Consultants to support client engagement teams, work with a wide variety of clients to deliver professional services, and manage business development activities on strategic and global priority accounts.
Their Financial Services Office (FSO) is a uniquely industry-focused business unit that provides a broad range of integrated services to financial institutions and other capital markets participants, including retail and mortgage banking, commercial banks, investment banks, broker-dealers, asset managers (traditional and alternative), insurance and energy trading companies, and other organizations.
Within FSRM, the Credit Risk and Capital Management Advisory team assists clients in addressing various credit risk measurement and management challenges that range beyond traditional methodology design, ownership and ongoing surveillance roles. These also include more strategic governance issues, portfolio management and reporting, and technology and people processes.
Establish relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels. Consistently deliver quality client services. Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes. Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business.
Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Demonstrate ability to assimilate to new knowledge. Possess good business acumen. Remain current on new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge.
Advise clients on a number of credit risk and capital related topics. These areas include:
- Dual rating methodologies (including Probability of Default and Loss Given Default estimation)
- Loan loss reserve methodologies
- Credit grading system validation
- Credit policy development and enhancement
- Credit risk measurement (asset and portfolio levels)
- Regulatory reporting
- Credit risk mitigation
- Performance measurement
- Capital allocation
To qualify, candidates must have:
- a bachelor's degree and approximately 2 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 1-2 years of related work experience
- a degree in accounting, finance, economics or a related field; an MBA or master's degree (in finance, mathematics, etc.) a plus
- a minimum of 1+ years of relevant experience in banking/capital markets at a commercial bank with a well developed credit risk management infrastructure or comparable experience working as an advisor to financial services companies
- strong analytical and problem solving skills and demonstrated knowledge in credit and/or market risk measurement and management
- experience at a regulatory or rating agency in the areas of credit risk management, risk rating systems, regulatory capital, and/or capital markets
- broad consulting and project management skills, effective written and oral communication skills
- ability to converse with counterparts at financial institutions regarding credit risk management, Risk Adjusted Performance Measurement (RAPM) and economic capital topics and current practices
- strong quantitative and/or technology skills including knowledge of Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- a willingness to travel to meet client needs
- a valid driver's license in the US and a valid passport required; willingness and ability to travel internationally
In addition to core competencies in credit and/or market risk measurement and management, a thorough understanding of some or all of the following would be an asset:
- Credit lifecycle within a commercial bank
- Credit risk management infrastructures
- Quantitative methods and tools supporting credit risk measurement
- Economic capital and RAPM
- Competitive and regulatory drivers for credit risk management
- Integration of economic capital into performance measurement frameworks (e.g. Risk Adjusted Return on Capital (RAROC), Shareholder Value Added (SVA)
- Current industry and regulatory issues (Basel II)
- Funds Transfer Pricing, Asset Liability Mismatch (ALM), modeling, Data (time series, yield curve development)
- Knowledge of credit and market risk software (e.g. KMV, Credit Manager, Risk Manager)
- MS Project, VB, C++, SAS, Bloomberg
please email all resumes to email@example.com for prompt consideration