|Bank of America is one of the world's largest financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and middle market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk-management products and services. |
The company provides unmatched convenience in the United States, serving more than 59 million consumer and small business relationships with more than 6,100 retail banking offices, nearly 18,700 ATMs and award-winning online banking with nearly 29 million active users. Following the acquisition of Merrill Lynch on January 1, 2009, Bank of America is among the world's leading wealth management companies and is a global leader in corporate and investment banking and trading across a broad range of asset classes serving corporations, governments, institutions and individuals around the world.
Bank of America offers industry-leading support to more than 4 million small business owners through a suite of innovative, easy-to-use online products and services. The company serves clients in more than 150 countries. Bank of America Corporation stock is a component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
The Pacific Rim Database Design and Build Team is responsible for all regional Database server project management, new Business Technology application design and implementation and 2rd level escalation support of server issues. The team also works with Global Engineering to outline and incorporate any Pac Rim local variations and requirements brought about due to regulatory and geographic diversity. The Database server D&B team also server to ensure the stability and security of the Database server infrastructure within the Pac Rim region through implementation of global standards, best practices and risk assessment.
Key Objectives of Role :
The primary expectation from the role is to work as a project coordinator and database engineer on Bank of America Merrill Lynch projects involving database servers and global standards integration, IT risk and process control, documentation and project resourcing. In addition, the candidate will be expected to be able to be backup for the team lead when he is away. A good amount of time will be involved in project co-ordination. The primary responsibility would still be the work with respect to the database group, such as co-ordination of the database build and ensuring it is setup to the Bank standards, troubleshooting issues during and out of production hours. Depending on the project, there will be weekend work involved, and in cases where co-ordination with US or Europe is involved there would be out of hours calls as well.
Essential Experience/Technical Knowledge:
- SQL Server 2005/8 Administration essentials
- SQL Server Replication
- Database Mirroring
- Database Clustering
- Database Performance and Tuning.
- Candidate must have at least 7 years expert level experience in SQL Server 200x database administration, design and support under a Windows 2003 environment, preferably gained in other securities companies (more experience is highly preferable)
- Candidate should also have knowledge of Windows clustering, replication and database mirroring
- Candidate must have at least 3 years experience with technical project management.
- Candidate must have a good understanding on the Operating system environment, such as Windows 200x.
- Must have a good understanding on clustered environments and database high availaibility
- Knowledge of Foglight monitoring tools and autosys job scheduling desireable but not essential.
- Must have a good understanding of Change Management
- Must be strong in Performance & Tuning and have strong Trouble Shooting skills.
Shift work Required :
- Knowledge of MS Project, SharePoint, Windows Clustering, NAS, Citrix, Foglight, Windows Server 200x. Oracle experience a Plus.
- There will be some shift work involved, starting from 6:30 am for a week.
- Late shifts may end by 10pm or later.
- Candidate should be analytical
- Strong interpersonal and Strong English communication skills are essential
- Must be proactive, solutions oriented and work well within a team as well as lead when the situation arises.