|Bank of America is one of the world's largest financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and middle market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk-management products and services. |
The company provides unmatched convenience in the United States, serving more than 59 million consumer and small business relationships with more than 6,100 retail banking offices, nearly 18,700 ATMs and award-winning online banking with nearly 29 million active users. Following the acquisition of Merrill Lynch on January 1, 2009, Bank of America is among the world's leading wealth management companies and is a global leader in corporate and investment banking and trading across a broad range of asset classes serving corporations, governments, institutions and individuals around the world.
Bank of America offers industry-leading support to more than 4 million small business owners through a suite of innovative, easy-to-use online products and services. The company serves clients in more than 150 countries. Bank of America Corporation stock is a component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
- We are looking for a highly-motivated, self-managing individual with an avid desire to learn, ability to apply knowledge in solving business problems and creating top quality tick data systems.
- This role is a Developer for Time-series Tick data group. Person must be able to demonstrate an ability to understand and develop complex systems in Q/KDB+. The candidate will be working on real-time in-memory databases.
- Prior experience in financial industry would be very helpful, also must be accustomed to working in a demanding and high pressure environment.
Key Objectives of Role :
- This person would be working from our Singapore office as a developer on our Global Execution Services Technology team.
- The mission of the team is to design and build next generation time series analytical system in Q/KDB+/Java. We enable automated execution of trades of multiple asset classes on electronic markets by providing reliable, timely and value-added data. We deliver data and infrastructure for electronic trade execution, algorithmic trading, automated market making, smart order routing, internal crossing networks, trade execution reporting, and strategy back-testing, transaction cost analysis, risk management, and regulatory reporting.
- This role will be working primarily on systems (mTic) that processes real-time tick data from multiple stock exchanges and performs various statistics in real-time. The development team works very closely with our business partners on trading desk as well as technology partners. The team works on long term strategic projects. The existing team performs all aspects of development lifecycle including: gathering requirements, project planning and estimates, code and design pattern development, quality assurance, production deployment and support.
- In additional mTic project, this person will work on projects related to Transaction Cost Analysis (TCA) and real time trade alerts. Both systems are critical components of algorithmic trading platform of the Bank to provide institutional clients analysis on trading strategies and timely market commentaries.
- Aggressive development of new functionality in support of global Equities front office trading systems.
- Business and data analysis across different market rules and trading scenarios. Understanding different asset classes (i.e. Common Stock, Preferred, Options, Futures, Warrants, etc.) that business deals in.
- Timely and accurate support of the existing system functionality and precision in handling questions/requests from our front office partners.
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering from a well-regarded educational institution
Must Have Skills:
- Occasional international travel may be required.
Desirable experience includes the following:
- Java or C++ or C
- Unix or Linux
- Passionate to develop career in technical tracks
- Knowledge of exchange feeds such as Wombat, Reuters
- Knowledge of the business and the stock exchanges
- Good communication skills