Key companies provide investment management, retail and commercial banking, consumer finance, and investment banking products and services to individuals and companies throughout the United States and, for certain businesses, internationally. The company's businesses deliver their products and services through branches and offices; a network of 1,439 ATMs; telephone banking centers 1-800-KEY2YOU® (1-800-539-2968); and a website, Key.com®, that provides account access and financial products 24 hours a day.
About the Business
KeyBanc Capital Markets is a trade name under which corporate and investment banking products and services of KeyCorp and its subsidiaries, KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc., Member NYSE/FINRA/SIPC, and KeyBank National Association are marketed.
About the Job
KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc., a division of KeyCorp, is looking for a Research Associate to join the Packaged Food, Agribusiness and Protein equity research team in New York.
The Associate will have the opportunity to work with the Senior Research Analyst to create industry analysis and provide company-specific coverage. Primary responsibilities include:
- Analyzing financial statements/SEC documents, financial supplements,
- Building and maintaining earnings models,
- Writing research notes, and
- Speaking to internal and external clients, industry contacts, and management teams about the stocks/sector.
- We look for candidates who possess strong accounting, finance, quantitative and business writing/communication skills, as well as modeling, forecasting, and valuation experience.
- The candidate must also possess tremendous intellectual curiosity and be able to solve problems independently.
- The candidate should have 1-3 years of relevant experience (investment banking, equity research, or another intensely analytical role) and an interest in research and the stock market.
- Experience in equity research, investment banking, consulting or the consumer sector is preferred.
- Proficiency in excel and a strong academic record are required.
- The candidate will need to have or obtain all required FINRA licenses inclusive of Series 7, 63, 86 and 87. CFA is preferred, but not required.
- Candidates are expected to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and be resourceful and flexible, with the ability to work well under pressure in a periodically intense environment.
- The ideal candidate is driven and self-motivated, with the ability to work both independently and as a key team player.
Life at Key is exciting, challenging, and rewarding. Just as we help our customers reach their financial goals, we're committed to helping you achieve your personal and professional goals. We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits that will help you fulfill a healthy work/life balance.
KeyCorp is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V. We're proud to be one of the Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality for 2011.