|The Senior Corporate Action Specialist is responsible for supporting Fixed Income, Securities Lending, Class Action and Bankruptcy activity. Primary responsibilities include coordination with custodian banks to ensure receipt of corporate action events, soliciting corporate action elections from portfolio managers, preparing broadcast notifications of election decisions, tracking and monitoring pending corporate actions, processing events in applicable trading system, monitoring class action litigations and bankruptcy filings, coordinating with class action vendor services, coordinating with securities lending counterparties related to corporate actions on loan, dividend monitoring and collection. |
Job responsibilities may include:
- Reviewing and developing departmental policies, guidelines and procedures as they relate to corporate actions, bankruptcies, class actions.
- Enhance efficiencies, mitigate risks and increase controls.
- Effectively partner with portfolio managers, counterparties, vendors, legal department, credit research, pricing, compliance, transfer agents, issuers and custodian banks.
- Function as the "technical" expert in their assigned area.
- Occasionally serve as member of a project team.
- Day-to-day resolution of complex problems, and the execution of complex transactions.
- Communicate with custodians to resolve issues and improve service levels.
- Having extensive knowledge of the product/asset class involved in corporate actions, bankruptcies, class actions and securities lending.
- Anticipating issues that may adversely affect Operations and proposing possible solutions.
- Cultivate internal and external relationships to ensure proper service levels are achieved.
- Keeping abreast of industry initiatives and market trends that can impact our business model and/or offer opportunities to improve our processes.
- Two to five years of Corporate Actions experience is preferred, but not required.
- Bachelor's Degree required, in Economics, Finance or Business preferred.
- Outstanding academic achievement, work experience and demonstrated leadership qualities.
- Strong knowledge of fixed income products, investment strategies and standard market practices.
- Willingness and desire to learn from and teach others.
- Proven ability to develop and cultivate relationships across all staff levels.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivation and ability to work within a team environment.
- PC skills with strong knowledge of spreadsheets and Bloomberg.
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit that is willing to take on additional responsibility quickly.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Enjoys a fast-paced, high-intensity environment.
- Works well as part of a team.
- Able to multi-task and absorb information across a broad spectrum of products.
- Ability to organize, prioritize tasks and work in a deadline oriented environment.
* Dependent upon the business, flexible work schedules are necessary to provide operational coverage to our business partners from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. One of the responsibilities of this position includes the processing of wire transfers. In accordance with the Treasurer's Policy "Background Screenings on Wire Transfer Associates", any candidates selected for this position will be required to submit to a background screening including an extensive background screening and credit check. Failure to comply will eliminate a candidate from consideration for this position. In addition, any negative information obtained as a result of the background screening may result in the disqualification of the candidate from this and any other position in Prudential, including their current one if they are an internal applicant. Prudential Investment Management follows the NYSE holiday schedule. This position also requires over-time during peak periods.