Credit Underwriting (50%):
- Deliver quality underwriting and risk analysis of new and renewed loans, complete and accurate problem loan and watch reports and quality annual and portfolio review presentations.
Portfolio Management (50%):
- Manage a portfolio of commercial credits including the underwriting of new and renewed loans and annual reviews; clients typically have a more complex business or credit structure or higher risk profile.
- Ensure that portfolio management is consistent with Bank's current policies and practices.
- Interface with Regional Directors, Relationship Managers and Credit Administration to ensure credits fit within Bank's credit risk appetite.
- Maintain regular contact with Relationship Managers to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Effectively manage and monitor risks of the portfolio including appropriate risk grading.
- Prepare quarterly PLR/Watch Reports.
- Participate in the ongoing Quality Control process.
- Track, report and communicate portfolio trends, including trends in criticized/classified and Watch List credits.
- Assist in the coaching and training of Credit Associates and Credit Executives.
- Participate in special projects and task forces as needed.
Other responsibilities include:
- Responsible for data integrity of the portfolio.
- Responsible for satisfactory credit exams.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and is sensitive to the current regulatory environment; adheres to the Bank's Risk Vision and risk management policies and programs; recognizes and proactively addresses risk (included but not limited to those associated with Bank Secrecy Act, anti-money laundering, consumer compliance, fair lending, fiduciary responsibilities, and privacy); identifies and appropriately manages risk.
Strong verbal and written skills.
- Excellent credit skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred in business or finance.
For immediate consideration, please apply directly to job #22993 at www.unionbank.com/careers or click the following link: https://uboc.taleo.net/careersection/10000/jobdetail.ftl?job=22993
Headquartered in San Francisco, UnionBanCal Corporation is a financial holding company with assets of $88.2 billion at September 30, 2012. Its primary subsidiary, Union Bank, N.A., is a full service commercial bank providing an array of financial services to individuals, small businesses, middle-market companies, and major corporations. The bank operated 402 branches in California, Washington, Oregon, Texas, Illinois, and New York as well as two international offices, on September 30, 2012. UnionBanCal Corporation is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd., which is a subsidiary of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. Union Bank is a proud member of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG, NYSE:MTU), one of the world's largest financial organizations. Visit www.unionbank.com for more information.
U n ion Bank is committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences of our workforce to create opportunities for our people and our business. EOE. M/F/D/V.