Our views matter. So will yours. Further information about 'working at Moody's' is available at our Careers Page at www.moodys.com
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated, talented professional to join the Credit Products Specialist team at Moody's Analytics. The position is responsible for the sales of two product families:
(1) Fundamental research created by Moody's Investors Service (MIS); this includes, but is not limited to, Corporate Finance, Financial Institutions, Public Finance, and Structured Finance.
(2) Our single-name corporate credit risk models, which include MKMV default probability and relative value tools, as well as the Moody's Market Implied Ratings tool.
The Credit Products Specialist will be responsible for identifying and qualifying new sales opportunities, close new business, and cultivate existing client subscriptions. This position is for North America, and will likely require up to 25% travel time.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Meet or exceed assigned sales targets
- Provide pre-sales support in the form of presentations to prospective clients
- Work with generalist Relationship Managers in sourcing and qualifying new opportunities
- In conjunction with the relationship managers, cultivate existing relationships with clients, thereby helping reinforce the perception that Moody's Analytics is a premium brand in the credit risk arena
- Be able to explain the conceptual and practical value of our services to a wide variety of audiences (senior management, risk managers, credit analysts, portfolio managers, quantitative analysts, etc.)
- Attend and represent Moody's Analytics at various conferences related to credit risk
- Keep abreast of latest trends in the credit markets (products, structures, analytical frameworks, competitive products)
- Work with Product Strategy, Research, and Marketing groups to both give client and market feedback, as well as aid the product development process
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a related field (economics, finance, math/statistics/accounting); MBA and/or CFA a plus but not required
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in the financial markets
- Prior sales/client relationship management experience required; sales professionals should be from buy/sell side or other financial institution, or from a financial analytics or risk management vendor (i.e. not data/portal sales)
- Knowledge of, and/or experience in, commercial banking and/or the credit capital markets (bonds, credit derivatives, loans, CDOs) preferred
- Self-starter - proactive, detail-oriented, and diligent with regard to follow-up with prospects and clients; comfortable acting in a sales capacity
- Comfortable with quantitative concepts and models
- Outstanding presentation and oral communication skills, including to very senior audiences; comfortable speaking in front of large groups
- Ability, and desire, to learn complex products quickly
- Up to 25% travel required
- Highly attractive compensation package; combination of salary and commission
Moody's Analytics helps capital markets and risk management professionals worldwide respond to an evolving marketplace with confidence. The company offers unique tools and best practices for measuring and managing risk through expertise and experience in credit analysis, economic research and financial risk management. By providing leading-edge software, advisory services and research, including the proprietary analysis of Moody's Investors Service, Moody's Analytics integrates and customizes its offerings to address specific business challenges. Most recently voted by Waters Magazine the "Best Credit Risk Solution Provider" for the third (3rd) year in a row, Moody's Analytics is a subsidiary of Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO), with reported revenue of $2 billion in 2010, employs approximately 4,500 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 26 countries.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer.