CalPERS seeks an Investment Officer II (IO II) to work under the direction of the Division Chief and the leadership and guidance of the Investment Officer III, Finance and Accounting Services, Investment Policy and Business Services Division. The Investment Officer II assigned to the position identified above demonstrates the CalPERS Core Values (Quality, Respect, Integrity, Openness, Accountability, and Balance), works well as a member of a team, and takes initiative in effectively performing the following functions:
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Research, analyze, and evaluate current and proposed investment management and budgetary reports; recommend and implement revisions to ensure reports accurately represent information being conveyed. Develop managerial and financial reports to support INVO's Cost Effectiveness initiative.
• Partner with FSCD in the development and delivery of financial reports to be presented at periodic Board meetings. Participate in presenting, as needed, in order to deliver the intended message and explain content utilizing investment knowledge and expertise.
• Prepare and participate in the presentation of various investment financial related agenda items and associated reports; apply investment industry knowledge to assist in delivering the information.
• Develop meaningful benchmarking statistics and metrics to measure the Investment Office's(INVO) cost structure; develop and implement industry acceptable solutions to address issues, as identified.
• Apply investment industry knowledge and expertise to develop, implement and maintain a budgetary control structure that allows for budget and expenditure monitoring for each asset class and INVO wide.
• Receive and process all capital calls to deploy capital for Activist Funds; complete monthly unfunded commitment reconciliations and reports to ensure accurate records are maintained and appropriate information is presented.
• Act as the INVO's primary point of contact for the CalPERS Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR). Work with INVO business units to gather all necessary information. Apply investment industry knowledge and expertise to ensure information is accurately reflected and described or explained.
• Provide leadership, including training, mentoring, project direction, and work coordination for other unit staff, including analysts, Investment Officer I staff, and interns to ensure complete coordination and successful execution of INVO's Cost Effectiveness Initiative.
Minimum Requirements and Experience:
• Equivalent to graduation from college preferably with major work in business administration, economics, finance, mathematics, or a closely related field
• Three years of increasingly responsible investment analysis experience for a public agency or private financial institution, insurance company, pension fund, endowment fund, investment firm, real estate development and investment firm, or other private corporation or entity having a major investment management program
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with investment professionals
• Strong data analysis skills using spreadsheet applications such as Microsoft Excel
• Experience integrating environmental, social, or governance analysis into investment analysis
• Ability to use good judgment in decision-making, exercise creativity, and flexibility in problem identification and resolution, manage time and resources effectively, and be responsive to management needs
• Excellent organizational, planning, written, and oral communication skills
• Strong personal computer skills and the ability to work with multiple applications
• Personal work ethic which parallels the CalPERS Core Values (Quality, Respect, Integrity, Openness, and Accountability)