This role offers a challenging and exciting opportunity to provide critical finance and analytic support to the Corporate Group Strategy & Operations (CGSO) Function. CGSO oversees varied business lines including Property Management, Project Management, Real Estate Strategy, Food Services and Events Management, Housekeeping, Post Office, Copy Services, Vendor Management and Procurement, and Travel. The selected candidate will interface with these business leaders, as well as others throughout the Corporate Group and the Bank by analyzing, reporting, and forecasting the Function's financial results, leading key projects, and assisting in the improvement of business processes.
• Provides financial planning, reporting, and analytical support to CGSO management;
• Supports the development and reporting of the Function's annual operating budgets, forecasts, and monthly reporting and analysis of the Function's results;
• Supports divisions and departments within the Function to ensure financial objectives are met
• Provides general and project-specific analytical support to management;
• Support compliance with district and System policies, standards, and procedures
• Contributes to operational risk management by monitoring and evaluating key accounting and financial control processes. These processes include implementing and improving the controls throughout the payment process and making recommendations to the management team.
• Apply business process excellence (BPE) techniques to evaluate current work processes across the range of the Functions' responsibilities. Recommend and implement solutions to improve efficiencies and streamline financial-related workflows.
• Provide other internal and consultative services on an ad hoc basis to management as needed.
• Strong knowledge and application of cost accounting, budgeting, forecasting, and financial control policies and procedures.
• Strong accounting, financial and internal controls background, preferably in a payment processing environment, including the design or review of such controls.
• Proficient in working with different systems to retrieve, synthesize, and analyze data. Familiarity with Lawson a plus.
• Excellent analytical and decision making skills, with the ability to lead and manage projects and meet strict deadlines. General familiarity with real estate, facilities and/or construction management a plus.
• Strict attention to detail; ability to work independently on assignments with minimal supervision; the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management.
ne-height:normal;text-indent:-.25in;margin:0in 0in 0pt .5in;" class="MsoListParagraphCxSpFirst"> • Experience in operational analysis, business process improvement/reengineering, quality management.
• Expert level Access and Excel capabilities and applications
• MBA (underway or completed), along with a Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting. Familiarity with the Federal Reserve System's Financial Accounting Manual (FAM) a plus.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation a plus