Our clients include corporations, pension plans, insurance companies, foundations, endowments, central banks, official institutions and mutual funds. In North America we have offices in Boston, Chicago, New Jersey, New York, and Toronto. We have an excellent career opportunity for an Investment Specialist, Fixed Income in our New York office. The primary function of this role is the communication and commercialization of the Emerging Market Debt (EMD) and Global Fixed Income (GFI) investment centers based on detailed technical, market and client knowledge. This means commercial activity within the framework of business plans for the capabilities under coverage; managing the flow of information from the Investment Center to the rest of the company and externally and providing on-going and ad-hoc sales support. In addition, the candidate will have secondary responsibility for the Global Inflation Linked (GIL) product and generally other FFTW capabilities. The Investment Specialist will work closely with the investment team and the other Investment Specialists.
- Provide commercial support for the EMD and GFI capabilities (i.e. client meetings, sales trainings, CRM support) with the aim to achieve NNC and / or retain existing assets.
- Work within a framework of a business plan for the EMD and GFI capabilities that is aligned with the priorities of the Business Development organization.
- Empower CRMs to position and present EMD and GFI capabilities convincingly to clients.
- Provide backup support for the GIL capability and work as a team with the other FFTW Investment Specialists to ensure efficient allocation of resources to commercial leads.
- Provide information relating the investment capabilities and asset allocation solutions to CRMs.
- Develop and maintain a library consisting of in-depth documentation of investment philosophy and processes.
- Write relevant market communications, research papers and ad-hoc materials that promote product process and capabilities. In addition, ensure relevant and timely insertion into client reporting materials and to provide input for RFPs.
- Participate with other Investment Specialists in the development of new products to enhance firm's range; suggest and implement changes in the current range to meet specific client requirements in order to improve consistency between client's expectations and portfolio guidelines.
- Represent the Investment Team with internal and external clients and prospects.
Ideal Personal Profile:
- Results Driven: Seeks to achieve the objectives set within the defined timeframe, by acting with tenacity, and by balancing costs and benefits. Continuously seeks optimum performance.
- Client Focus: Does everything possible to achieve internal or external customer satisfaction by identifying the customers' needs and providing them with the appropriate solution taking into account the company's ethics and interests.
- Impact: Voluntarily exerts and influence on others, this allows directing and mobilizing them towards the pursued objective.
- Teamwork: Knows how to work in a team and / or across teams, acts bearing common interests and respect for fellow team members in mind.
- Communication Skills: Expresses his / her messages, both orally and in writing, in an effective, organized way, which is appropriate to the audience being addressed.
- Integrity: Acts ethically, in compliance with what is said and while respecting the company's values and rules.
Academic Background and Experience:
- Ten years of industry experience in either an investment or commercial role. Solid background in fixed income strategies, preferably Global Fixed Income and Emerging Market Debt.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics or Marketing coupled with excellent academic credentials.
- Advanced computer skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Fluency in written and spoken English a must. Fluency in written and spoken French or other European language a plus.
- CFA or MBA qualifications preferred.
To be considered for this opportunity, please forward your resume utilizing the online application process. Equal Opportunity Employer.