The selected individual will play a senior role in the analysis, design, implementation, and support of a series of critical applications for MarkitSERV. Being chiefly responsible for ongoing server-side software development, this individual will interface with various different business units along with management in the planning of major functionality, analyzing business functional requirements to determine the scope of work, evaluating available application alternatives to support business needs, and managing resource planning/constraints.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Contributes to architectural design and frameworks.
- Ensure consistent implementation of company software development processes and standards.
- Ensure system capacity, performance and failure recovery architecture including design and execution of both functional and non-functional tests.
- Comprehension of business specifications and an ability to implement well designed solutions based off of the defined requirements.
- Apply knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients.
- Designs and codes complex programs.
- Evaluates complex business requirements and processes
- Provide production support for several mission critical systems.
- Conducts analysis of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of application systems.
- Take initiative and work independently on certain projects while contributing to a large team on others.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field preferred.
- Possesses 6+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Strong working knowledge is required in each of the following: Java, J2EE technologies, JMS, JAXB, JMX, JDBC and distributed computing.
- Strong working knowledge of messaging middleware, OO design concepts and design patterns.
- Practical experience with the following open-source technologies is strongly preferred: Spring Framework, Spring WS, Camel, Hibernate, Maven, and Eclipse.
- Working experience with both JBoss and IBM MQ is preferred.
- Deep practical understanding of XML, DTD, XSD, parsing, marshalling, un-marshalling is a must.
- Experience working in a test driven environment with a solid understanding of both the creation of and the execution of functional and non-functional unit tests.
- Practical experience with Oracle or comparable commercial RDBMS.
- Proficiency with database development concepts (SQL, stored procedures, triggers, views, etc), understanding of troubleshooting strategies to system-level and application-level contention is preferred.
- Financial industry knowledge and professional experience, in general, is a plus.
- Experience working in processing OTC derivatives is an even bigger plus.
- Self-starter with a natural curiosity to learn and develop capabilities.
- Commitment to producing quality work in a timely manner.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively with cross functional teams.
- Ability to manage projects and project tasks in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical, investigative, and problem solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively with cross functional teams.