|Citi is today's pre-eminent financial services company and was built to create a highly diversified financial services company that could act as one to deliver solutions to clients throughout the world. With the most diverse array of products and the greatest distribution capacity of any financial firm in the world, our employees manage 200 million customer accounts across six continents in more than 100 countries.|
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citigroup") are equal opportunity employers M/F/D/V and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic.
Citi's Transaction Services Business (CTS) is a preeminent provider of transaction services in developed and emerging markets, serving multinational corporations, banks, global investors, and governments through our industry-leading proprietary network in 100 countries.
In our Treasury and Trade Services segment (TTS), we help our clients meet their cross-border payments needs, optimize their working capital cycle, manage transaction related risks, and meet their trade financing needs. In our Securities and Fund Services segment (SFS), we provide post-trade processing services to broker/dealers, middle/back office solutions for global investors, and transaction support to global corporations for capital market issuances.
Given our $12.8+ trillion assets under custody and $3+ trillion worldwide transactions processed daily, we invest more than $1billion annually to help deliver the most innovative technology solutions to our customers. In doing so, CTS is building the digital banking powerhouse of the future for our more than 65,000 institutional clients across 140 countries worldwide.
Within CTS, the Strategy Group acts as a trusted advisor to CTS leadership and addresses high impact strategic issues across its portfolio of businesses. This position will work in close partnership with business heads and CTS senior leadership to:
- Identify opportunities and issues of strategic importance to CTS
- Develop transformational strategies to grow and re-position businesses
- Drive change by partnering with business leadership with clear accountability
- Provide clarity in complex problems, facilitate decision-making, and guide high value investments
The small size and high caliber of the team drives a focus on high impact projects. Typical projects include strategies for new products, newly acquired companies, digital technologies, specific client sectors, cooperation programs with the Citi Markets and Banking businesses, advanced pricing analytics, etc.
The position affords an opportunity to shape CTS' future strategy as the industry transitions into the digital age, to work closely and to develop deep relationships with senior management in CTS and in other Citi wholesale businesses, and to build a strong, global career platform within Citi. Besides taking on high profile business leadership roles throughout CTS, our alumni have also successfully moved to careers in other parts of Citi's wholesale business, such as Banking and Markets.
The position is located in downtown New York (TriBeCa) and requires minimal travel.
- Lead projects across their lifecycle: identifying and structuring the problem, analyzing root causes, developing solutions, communicating project results, and obtaining buy-in for change
- Manage all aspects of client service, including planning, prioritizing and organizing projects
- Develop and strengthen relationships with executives across the business
- Identify opportunities to add value to CTS beyond the scope of formal projects
- Contribute to continuous team improvement and management, e.g., provide leadership in recruiting, coach junior staff, etc.
We are looking for outstanding talent with strong intellectual and analytical capabilities, a well developed strategy tool kit, demonstrated enthusiasm for the financial services industry, the ability to influence the organization and to affect change up to the most senior levels.
- Efficiently solves complex, ambiguous problems/situations -- superior problem structuring & causal thinking, sound business judgment, and demonstrated result orientation
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative capabilities -- strong track record of academic and professional excellence and achievement
- Creativity and independent thinking - thinks outside the box and challenges conventional wisdom
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, active listening) applied to "client" situations
- Collaborative work style -- effectively interacts with partners across organizational boundaries/hierarchies
- Strong leadership presence -- commands respect and will earn trust of senior CTS leaders
- Highly motivated and self-driven with strong enthusiasm for Financial Services Industry and desire to master the business
- Multi-tasks productively and reliably, while managing conflicting priorities
- Bachelor's degree, along with MBA or advanced degree from top tier institution
- 3+ years post-MBA experience, preferably in Strategy and/or Wholesale Financial Services positions
- Previous project management experience: project planning & execution, client and team member management
- 2+ years prior strategy consulting experience in Top 5 Management Consulting firm or in the strategy function of a Financial Services firm strongly preferred
- Sound working knowledge of financial modeling (forecasting, valuation)--can analyze financial statements
- Highly proficient in MS Powerpoint and Excel