- Providing legal advice to the firm, firm executives, and firm employees including contract review and drafting-related responsibilities for existing and new products and strategies for both the U.S. registered investment adviser and our global affiliates. This includes separately managed accounts, offering documents and related filings for hedge funds and other private offerings (3(c)1 and 3(c)7), sub-advised closed-end and open-end funds, off-shore funds, and other pooled funds including those regulated by foreign jurisdictions (e.g., UCITs).
- Drafting, review and negotiation of contracts with providers of goods and services including data and IT vendors, prime brokerage agreements, ISDAs, and foreign market account opening documents.
- Research of regulatory requirements and exemptions related to the firm's business activities both in the U.S. and abroad including making required regulatory filings as needed and instructed.
- Active involvement in the decision making process on projects, including being called upon to provide legal advice and guidance to executive managers and others on both a formal and informal basis.
- Other general legal related responsibilities as directed.
- 4+ years relevant experience as a practicing attorney, preferably either with the investment advisory practice group of a major law firm or in-house experience at a registered investment adviser
- JD and active member of the MA Bar
- Experience representing investment managers including significant experience drafting private fund offering documents, and reviewing and negotiating ISDAs and Prime Brokerage agreements
- Background in securities and corporate law with a strong working knowledge of the Investment Advisers Act
- A working knowledge of many of the following is highly desirable: Investment Company Act, NFA, CFTC, Securities Act, Exchange Act, ERISA, FINRA, GIPS, Dodd Frank swap requirements
- A working knowledge of investment advisory compliance and risk management practices and requirements
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Strong research and project management skills
- Proven ability to handle simultaneous multiple tasks and meet competing deadlines with limited oversight and support
- Team orientation and willingness to engage in tasks of all sizes
- Great communication skills
Interested candidates should send resumes to email@example.com . We will contact only selected candidates. No phone calls please.
It is the policy of Acadian Asset Management LLC to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, disability, or sexual orientation.