|PEAK6 Investments, established in 1997, is a leading financial institution in Chicago with a demonstrated track record of success in proprietary trading. Specializing in inventory and risk management, PEAK6 Investments employs state of the art technology and proprietary tools and is thoroughly committed to building the next generation of automated trading systems and businesses. PEAK6 is constantly expanding its commercial focus to include leading-edge initiatives in the hedge fund, online media, retail options brokerage and institutional trading segments.|
Voted Chicago's Best and Brightest Employers to Work For, four of the last five years, PEAK6 Investments offers: competitive salary, performance bonuses, and a great benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, 401K, paid vacation, sickness and disability benefits, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, along with a casual work environment and dress code and the occasional yoga class. PEAK6 currently employs over 400 professionals and is rapidly growing in scope, complexity and depth of operation.
We are currently looking for an Operations Specialist to join our growing hedge fund group, PEAK6 Advisors, and provide support to our Operations and Treasury departments This person will be responsible for back office processing for a newly launched fund along with supporting day to day activities of our existing funds. The position requires a self-starter who is detail oriented and adept at driving initiatives with persistent follow through.
Key Skills & Responsibilities:
- Handle day-to-day clearance, settlement, and position reconciliation functions for all products, with a strong emphasis on equities, options and fixed income.
- Confirm trades and conduct all necessary follow-ups with counterparties, prime brokers and fund administrators
- Review and reconcile cash positions and FX transactions. Independently resolve reconciliation issues within internal control principles and established procedures.
- Initiate and record wire transfers as needed
- Reconcile collateral activity at custodians and fund administrators for futures and OTC derivatives. This includes accounting and reconciliation of all collateral movements between systems, accounts and the General Ledger.
- Work with the middle office team to resolve daily and month end issues
- Participate in projects that require change and efficiencies to operational processes
- Assist in creating and refining procedures, integrate systems and implement enhancements
- 3+ years experience working in a hedge fund, large bank environment or administrator
- Experience in processing and reconciliation of equities, options and fixed income products
- Experience with Corporate actions and reorganization processing
- Familiarity with OTC processing, reconciliation and collateral management (Credit Default, Interest Rate, Variance and Index swaps) a plus
- International (Local market) clearing and settlement experience a plus
- Experience with the Geneva portfolio accounting system, Northern Trust's Hedge Fund Passport and Citco preferred
- Experience with OMS systems and workflows
- Experience working with Fund administrators to resolve breaks and inconsistencies
- Strong MS office Applications usage (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Demonstrated aptitude for picking up new technologies; database or data organization skills preferred (SQL)
- Strong concentration in developing and supporting internal controls to eliminate risk and operational losses; proven experience leading process development and change
- Detail-oriented and able to work independently
- Excellent communication skills
See Job Description