This position helps manage the day to day activities of the RM's client base and ensures that client needs are met. The RA, with the Sr. RA and an Office Manager (OM) and/or centralized operational teams, manages all account maintenance activities and resolves all account related problems, prepares client presentation materials and on occasion will participate in client meetings. The RA position will be filled by someone who has demonstrated some knowledge about the public securities markets and investing.
- Coordinate day to day activities of dedicated client base and ensure client needs are being met and that BBH services are properly delivered.
- Serve as point of contact for all portfolio related questions (e.g., cash availability, money transfers, reporting concerns).
- Assist Sr. RA, RM or Office Head with presentations for client meetings on specific client information such as holdings, capital activity and performance in client accounts.
- Participate in prospect and client meetings, including but not limited to, discussions surrounding our service offerings.
- Implement and execute all core portfolio activities including those related to investments in Equities, Fixed Income and Cash Management on behalf of the RM.
- Serve as interface on behalf of client with central management teams within BBH.
- Identify accounts that should be rebalanced or repapered in preparation for account reviews, including reviewing asset allocation and making sure guidelines for investing have not changed.
- Create client meeting materials.
- Assist with the management of all non strategic decisions (checks, funds transfers, and gifting etc.).
- Interact with 3rd party service providers (e.g., outside custodian, NFC, Schwab, Merrill SPA).
- Interface with the Trust Company regarding distributions and terminations.
- Troubleshoot client account issues such as portfolio reporting/activity, client reference data, RM client data requests, assistance with understanding statement or non receipt of mailing.
Risk Management & Administration
- As day to day contact point with clients, elevate any and all at risk issues to Sr. RA and/or RM.
- Document start of relationship (e.g., new account documents, fee schedule).
- Ensure total compliance at the account level and oversee and respond to all compliance reports (i.e., overdraft reports, approved trades, delinquent documentation, Investment Policy Statements (IPS)).
- Initiate all account maintenance activities, including account reviews/approvals, documentation, meeting materials, address or name changes, and performance evaluations.
- Assist in efforts relating to the completion of client requests.
- Bachelors degree
- Demonstrated academic interest and achievement as evidenced through strong academic credentials and/or extracurricular activities
- Demonstrated interest in the Wealth Management field
- Client service experience and aptitude strongly preferred
- Strong organizational, analytical, and written/oral communication skills
- Demonstrated client service aptitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Proficient in MS Office, particularly Excel