An investment management company serving institutional investors, workplace retirement plans, financial intermediaries and their clients, Calvert Investments offers more than 40 equity, bond, cash, and asset allocation strategies, of which many feature integrated environmental, social, and governance research. By combining rigorous analysis with independent thinking, our disciplined approach to money management goes beyond traditional factors in order to discover investment opportunities with greater long-term potential.
As a company, Calvert is actively committed to transparency and corporate responsibility as a core value-both inside and out. At Calvert, we value a diverse workforce and seek to represent the diversity of the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area among our associates. Calvert provides its employees with a flexible, benefit-rich, family-friendly work environment to promote a healthy work-life balance. We also encourage community involvement and volunteer activities, and have strong corporate philanthropy policies that provide financial assistance to many local charities and community institutions.
This position is responsible for working in coordination with territory's Regional Vice President, Wholesale (RVP) to increase sales in Calvert products primarily through both outbound and inbound telephone selling.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB RESULTS:
• Works in coordination with Regional Vice President to achieve regional sales goals and retain assets.
• Involves heavy outbound telephone sales to third party distributors within region to promote Calvert products.
• Increases market penetration by way of setting appointments, delivering product updates and proactively cultivating new prospects.
• Responds to inbound sales inquiries, literature requests and service issues.
• Resolves any operational issues as they relate to clients of the assigned territory.
• Works closely with RVP in development and execution of regional business plan.
• Provides internal sales support for RVP by completing projects as requested.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Prospects for, and develops new third party producers for Calvert products.
• Qualifies and converts retail prospects into leads for financial advisors, distributes leads and follows-up.
• Assists RVP with meeting schedule coordination, as requested, and follows-up with meeting attendees.
• Maintains CRM database with accurate and up-to-date advisor information for assigned region.
• Utilizes e-wholesaling tools as appropriate to communicate with reps. and generate sales.
• Occasionally travels within assigned territory to assist RVP with presentations, and/or provide conference booth coverage.
• Stays knowledgeable and up to date with Calvert product information, financial market activities and investment industry trends.
• Most time spent seated at desk talking on telephone.
• Fast paced team environment with constant background noise and distractions.
• Some traveling is required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB;
• FINRA Series 6 and 63 licenses required; Series 7 preferred.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in related field required.
• 1-3 years previous telephone sales experience strongly preferred.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to prepare and deliver sales presentations.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork abilities.
• Must be self-motivated, results oriented and able to maintain a positive attitude.
• Must have excellent industry knowledge and financial sales skills.
• Must be available for occasional travel.
It is the policy of Calvert Investments to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran's status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.