An investment management company serving institutional investors, workplace retirement plans, financial intermediaries and their clients, Calvert Investments offers more than 40 equity, bond, cash, and asset allocation strategies, of which many feature integrated environmental, social, and governance research. By combining rigorous analysis with independent thinking, our disciplined approach to money management goes beyond traditional factors in order to discover investment opportunities with greater long-term potential.
As a company, Calvert is actively committed to transparency and corporate responsibility as a core value-both inside and out. At Calvert, we value a diverse workforce and seek to represent the diversity of the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area among our associates. Calvert provides its employees with a flexible, benefit-rich, family-friendly work environment to promote a healthy work-life balance. We also encourage community involvement and volunteer activities, and have strong corporate philanthropy policies that provide financial assistance to many local charities and community institutions.
The Regional Vice President, DCIO Sales is responsible for selling Calvert's products through a third-party network of investment consultants, intermediaries and advisors in the Defined Contribution marketplace within an assigned geographic region.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB RESULTS:
• Work to increase sales within region by developing and maintaining new and existing relationships with retirement-focused advisors with third party distributors which include wirehouses, regional broker/dealers, independent financial planners, registered investment advisors, banks and insurance companies.
• Develop a business plan to drive sales leveraging Calvert's product positioning on DCIO platforms and existing network of retirement-focused financial advisors, RIAs, investment consultants and TPAs.
• Collaborate with wholesalers of targeted partner firms/platforms and other centers of influence to better position Calvert products in retirement plans.
• Coordinate with field wholesalers to ensure transparency and maximize opportunities to leverage existing relationships with retirement advisors.
• Works in coordination with internal DCIO sales partner, providing direction for outbound sales call campaigns and strategic territory coverage.
• Contribute to the development of retirement-focused marketing collateral and other deliverables to better communicate Calvert's value proposition to the DC marketplace.
• Maintains high activity level of face-to-face selling which requires four to five days per week in the field.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Responds to inquiries and resolves problems of a complex nature with key regional representatives and firms.
• Stays current and up-to-date with market, economic and industry trends, as well as competitor products.
• Maintains a detailed level of knowledge of Calvert products and services.
• Supplies input concerning industry developments and client needs for incorporation into company's strategic marketing decisions.
• Operates a regional budget by making appropriate allocations to maximize sales opportunities while staying within annual regional expense limit. Submits expense reimbursement reports in a timely manner.
• Prepares an annual regional business plan.
• Work requires extensive travel and includes evening and weekend hours.
• Requires high activity level of face-to-face selling.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB:
• FINRA Series 6 and 63 required, Series 7 preferred.
• Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred (finance, marketing, or economics).
• Five years financial sales experience in DCIO or retirement marketplace required.
• Position requires knowledge of the retirement plan market, and preferably an existing network of retirement advisors. Familiarity with plan design, regulatory issues, practice management, or otherwise delivering value to a retirement-focused advisor is highly desirable.
• Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and relationship building skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent group presentation and financial sales skills.
• Excellent organization skills.
• Must be self-motivated and able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
• Must reside within assigned geographic territory.
• Must have ability to travel overnight approximately 80% of time.
Note: This position will likely be located in or near the following regional areas: Boston, New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles.
It is the policy of Calvert Investments to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran's status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.