An investment management company serving institutional investors, workplace retirement plans, financial intermediaries and their clients, Calvert Investments offers more than 40 equity, bond, cash, and asset allocation strategies, of which many feature integrated environmental, social, and governance research. By combining rigorous analysis with independent thinking, our disciplined approach to money management goes beyond traditional factors in order to discover investment opportunities with greater long-term potential.
As a company, Calvert is actively committed to transparency and corporate responsibility as a core value-both inside and out. At Calvert, we value a diverse workforce and seek to represent the diversity of the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area among our associates. Calvert provides its employees with a flexible, benefit-rich, family-friendly work environment to promote a healthy work-life balance. We also encourage community involvement and volunteer activities, and have strong corporate philanthropy policies that provide financial assistance to many local charities and community institutions.
The DCIO Sales Associate is responsible working in conjunction with the Regional Vice President (RVP), DCIO Sales to increase sales in Calvert products primarily through both outbound and inbound telephone selling.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB RESULTS:
• Works closely with assigned RVP, DCIO Sales to develop and maintain new and existing relationships with retirement-focused advisors with third party distributors which include wirehouses, regional broker/dealers, independent financial planners, registered investment advisors, banks and insurance companies.
• Works closely with RVP in development and execution of a business plan to drive sales leveraging Calvert's product positioning on DCIO platforms and existing network of retirement-focused financial advisors, RIAs, investment consultants and TPAs.
• Respond to inbound sales inquiries, literature requests and service issues.
• Resolve any operational issues as they relate to clients of the assigned region.
• Maintains high level of call activity with retirement-focused financial advisors.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Prospects for, and develops new retirement focused producers interested in Calvert products.
• Qualifies and converts retail prospects into leads, distributes leads and follows-up.
• Assists RVP with meeting schedule coordination, as requested, and follows-up with meeting attendees.
• Maintain CRM database with accurate and up-to-date advisor information for assigned region.
• Utilizes e-wholesaling tools as appropriate to communicate with reps. and generate sales.
• Occasionally travels in territory to assist RVP with presentations, and/or provide conference booth coverage.
• Stays knowledgeable and up to date with Calvert product information, financial market activities and investment industry trends.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• FINRA Series 6 and 63 licenses required; Series 7 preferred.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in related field required.
• Minimum 2 years previous telephone sales experience preferred. Knowledge of retirement market required.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to prepare and deliver sales presentations.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork abilities.
• Must be self-motivated, results oriented and able to maintain a positive attitude.
• Must have excellent industry knowledge and financial sales skills.
• Must be available for occasional travel.
• Most time spent seated at desk talking on telephone.
• Fast paced team environment with constant background noise and distractions.
• Some traveling is required.
It is the policy of Calvert Investments to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran's status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.