The Marketing Manager will be responsible for planning and implementing a marketing program for Wood Mackenzie's Financials segment, as well as supporting regional marketing initiatives across the business. As such, the candidate must be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of marketing and communications planning, and a track record of managing different elements to support business objectives such as: product development, market segmentation, promotion and lead generation activities. The applicant must also be experienced in working unsupervised to tight deadlines, working across international regions and within a matrix organisation, and demonstrate strong communication skills, project and budget management skills.
Co-ownership of the marketing plan and budget and shared commercial targets for the Financials segment and related services
This will encompass:
• Implementing annual marketing plans, getting buy-in from (and presenting to) key stakeholders including: Account Managers, Product Managers, Research leads, marketing colleagues.
• Coordinating activity across product groups as necessary, to build the commercial value of the Financials Segment
• Develop key workflows and value propositions for Financials with requisite segmentation
• Support product development and new product launches directed at the segment
• Involvement in Financials team business planning, contributing a marketing and communications perspective on plans and resource requirements.
• Planning and execution, in cooperation with segment and regional marketing colleagues, appropriate levels of promotional activity to achieve revenue targets
• Reporting of commercial progress
• Executing programmes to agreed deadlines and budget
Understanding of your Segment
• Develop an understanding of our energy and metals and mining research portfolio, in order to successfully prioritise, develop and implement projects
• Consistently uphold a commercial view of the Financials segment and overall business objectives
Campaign and lead management:
• Work with sales, research, marketing, PR, web and telemarketing teams in the development and implementation of campaign plans, objectives, targets, and results metrics
• Develop and maintain target lists with guidance from sales teams, and track commercial progress in cooperation with them
• Manage campaigns effectively and report on results in terms of both successes and lessons learnt
Event planning and management:
• Implement an appropriate event plan for the Financials segment
• Coordinate internally Wood Mackenzie's involvement at major external conferences and Wood Mackenzie forums, working with the event, regional and segment marketing teams as necessary
• Plan and project manage segment-led events, webcalls, podcasts as appropriate, and the achievement of commercial objectives for these
• Ensure appropriate awareness is raised - internally and externally - about participation in such activities, working with PR and web team as appropriate
Communications materials development:
• Develop appropriate sales tools (internal & external) for the financials sales team
• Produce and manage materials/collateral working with in-house Design & Print team
• Ensure adherence to brand guidelines in all communications
• Build strong working relationships within marketing, research, sales and other project team members across the business
• Contribute to marketing team by sharing ideas and feedback from business area
• Provide first class customer service, ensuring that requirements are met to agreed timescales and standards, keeping internal and external customers informed, and managing expectations
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
The candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in either Marketing or Business related discipline with 3-5 years' experience managing marketing program, ideally in a marketing management position. Industry experience in energy and metals would be desirable and some experience working with financial services organisations would be an advantage.
Strong understanding of client centric marketing activities including communications planning and experience in direct marketing, online, events and lead development are essential. Strong project management abilities, budget management and organisation skills are key, as is the ability to manage several simultaneous projects to tight deadlines. An ability to take the initiative and deliver projects unsupervised is crucial.
The candidate will need to demonstrate a customer-focussed attitude and be confident in dealing with multiple departments and senior management within the business.
Communication & Team working
Planning & Organisation
Attention to Detail
Unsolicited resumes submitted to Wood Mackenzie by any external recruitment agency via Internet, e-mail, fax, or U.S. mail become the property of Wood Mackenzie and we are not responsible for any fees associated with those resumes.
In compliance with the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and 1991, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities act of 1990 and all other relevant federal and state laws, the policy of this company prohibits discrimination in employment because of race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran's status, disability, genetic information or any other group protected by law. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran's status, disability, genetic information or any other group protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access WoodMac.com/careers on-line as a result of your disability.
Wood Mackenzie is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D, and a member of E-Verify.