ABOUT THE COMPANY
OTR Global (OTR) is a premier independent and alternative research firm providing industry intelligence and information across ten industry sectors. Our diverse team takes pride in consistently providing an exceptional product and level of service to an enviable client list of investment managers and hedge funds for over fifteen years.
OTR's unique approach of engaging investigative journalism techniques uncovers information and intelligence not focused on by traditional Wall Street research firms. Our methodology is based on channel checks and in-depth source interviews, with ongoing relationships with over 10,800 qualified sources worldwide. OTR has dedicated coverage in more than 30 countries with expanding representation in the Americas, Europe, and Asia.
OTR Network Communications Editor is a full-time U.S. -based position. Individual in this role conducts primary research focused on network and optical equipment, components and services, as well as other related topics. In addition to interviewing key individuals within the network communications ecosystem, Network Communications Editor analyzes collected intelligence, distills conclusions into concise and relevant written research (reports, notes), and presents findings to OTR clients. The Network Communications Editor closely interacts with the rest of the Global Tech/ Media/ Telecom (TMT) team of reporters and editors. Idea generation, ability to connect the dots, identify inflection points, and present research findings in a concise and confident manner are other key aspects of the role. The Network Communications Editor reports to Director, Global Telecom/ Network Communications.
PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Minimum of 7-10 years' direct experience working within the network communications field, ideally in roles as a product manager for a vendor, service provider or integrator, or as an industry or financial industry analyst with in-depth knowledge of networking technology; alternatively, investigative journalism or marketing research experience in the industry.
- Thorough understanding of the network equipment and components, optical equipment, and connected device markets in the U.S. and other regions.
- Extensive industry network of contacts in the United States, including decision makers at data centers, equipment vendors, network equipment integrators and telecom carriers within engineering, product management or procurement departments, as well as other thought leaders in the industry. Ability to develop and maintain new source relationships.
- Strong writing and editing, researching and interviewing skills are critical. Strong and positive communication skills; adroitness in conveying and articulating stories to a wide audience, including clients.
- Active and regular source and client engagement are required for an individual in this role.
- Ability to analyze quantitative and qualitative data to identify essential findings and inflection points; strategize and think broadly forward.
- Must be passionate, able to grasp complex issues, and operate well under pressure.
- The ideal candidate will be able to work well within a globally dispersed team, but will also be a motivated, independent individual who is comfortable working from home.
- Ability to travel to meet clients, attend conferences and relevant industry events.
- This is a remote position.
Send resume and clips to