Within the Client Businesses Group, we pride ourselves on creating, communicating, and delivering investment solutions for clients worldwide. To that end, we have teams of professionals with expertise in the many functions that combine make this effort successful and sustainable, including relationship management, marketing, sales, client service, and product development and management.
We serve institutional and retail clients in more than 60 countries, including pension funds, foundations, endowments, official institutions, insurance companies, sub-advisory relationships, high net worth individuals, family offices, and private banks. Further, we work to cultivate relationships with key distributors of our investment products, such as broker-dealers, banks, registered investment advisers, financial planners, insurance companies, and building societies.
Alternative Investments, Cash Management, Financial Institutions, Global Consultant Relations, International, Institutional Product & Investment Communications, Private Client, Real Estate, Capital Markets, Pensions/Tax-Exempt, and Wealth Management are some of the key global product units, client business units, and global cross-channel teams that together form BlackRock's premier Client Businesses Group.
As a Divisional Sales Desk Manager, you will lead a team of Internal Sales Professionals. In addition, you will partner with all levels of management across the US Retail Global Client Group to support sales goals and help drive strategic initiatives.
- Manage a team of Investment Management Associates(IMA's) to generate results and work toward mutually agreeable sales goals
- Provide on-going coaching, training and feedback to enhance the effectiveness of IMA's
- Collaborate and strategize with Divisional Directors to implement division strategy, CFO coordination and Team Effectiveness
- Foster and create an environment conducive to teamwork
- Conduct team meetings and discussions to facilitate idea sharing/best practices and improve sales acumen
- Weekly Investment Roundtables on BlackRock Products and Market Updates to help develop SA/SSR sales acumen as well as product/market knowledge
- Assist in coordinating sales desk initiatives around CFO's including Territory Management, Thematic Selling and Team Effectiveness
- Participate in the recruitment and interviewing of sales desk candidates
- Represent the sales desk through presentations and client meetings
- Minimal travel required
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years of sales management experience preferred
- Leadership experience with proven ability to motivate team members in a sales capacity
- Ability to multitask and work under tight time constraints
- Bachelor's degree required (MBA, CIMA, CFP, CRPS, ARPC a plus)
- 5+ years relevant financial services experience preferred
- Series 24 will be required, in addition to Series 7 and 66
- Sales acumen and wholesaling experience preferred
- Good comprehension of the retail distribution process
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong familiarity with computer applications (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)
- Excellent listening and profiling skills
- Demonstrate understanding of capital markets across all facets
- Client focused with the ability to delegate responsibilities
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, time management and problem solving skills
- Previous experience with financial analytics software (Morningstar, PSN, Zephyr, Coates, FI 360) a plus
BlackRock is proud to be
an E-Verify & Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer-M/F/D/V.
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions -- from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.