William Blair & Company is a global investment banking and asset management firm. We are committed to building enduring relationships with our clients and providing expertise and solutions to meet their evolving needs. An independent and employee owned firm, William Blair is based in Chicago, and has office locations in 10 cities, including London, New York, Shanghai, and Zurich. For more information, please visit www.williamblair.com.
• Perform fundamental analysis on industry sectors to provide a frame of reference for investing in industries or market sectors and related sub-sectors.
• Identify and recommend new investment ideas that are suitable for IM clients to assist portfolio managers in generating capital gains. Continue to analyze and monitor developments that impact portfolio holdings for which the analyst is responsible.
• Proactively, clearly, and concisely communicate investment recommendations to portfolio managers and other analysts.
• Develop and maintain research relationships including company managements, industry contacts, and research vendors (brokers and analysts).
• Make field trips, interview company executives, and attend industry conferences to stay abreast of changes in company fundamentals and industry trends.
• Participate in other projects as requested by management.
• Strong working knowledge of accounting and finance
• Bachelor's degree required; CFA, and/or CPA preferred
• MBA or a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
• Effectively prioritize time and manage multiple tasks as prices change and issues arise
• Ability to analyze/model financial metrics, business strategies, and valuation parameters
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Customer service orientation, responds to requests in a timely manner
• Works well as a member of industry or portfolio teams
• Strong organizational skills
As a William Blair & Company associate, you'll enjoy Medical, Dental, Life and AD&D Insurance, along with a generous profit sharing program that includes a 401K plan in addition to a firm contribution. We also offer three weeks of vacation, flexible spending accounts, a business casual dress code, a 75% discounted commissions on trades, and discounts at restaurants, museums, parks and retailers.
William Blair & Company, L.L.C. is an equal opportunity employer. It complies with all laws and regulations that prohibit discrimination in employment practice because of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, unfavorable discharge from the military service or on the basis of a physical or mental disability that is unrelated to the employee's ability to perform the duties of the job applied for.