Job Description: The primary function of the Sales and Marketing Data Analyst is support of presentation book production, investment-related graphic design. The person will aid the marketing and client service professionals by producing all collateral, recurring and new business presentations, and related deliverables. The person ensures that all marketing collateral and deliverables are of high design quality, are error-free with respect to design, covers, headers, footers and certain content, represent the original intent and content of the project lead, and that they are conceptualized and produced consistent with the instructions given by Marketing and Client Service and/or the Investment Group.
Key Skills Required: Expert knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, i.e., Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel, including complex financial charting. Ability to remain focused, motivated, and to manage time/workload to meet strict deadlines. Clearly visualize projects from concept to final design, interact in a professional manner with fellow team members and other members of the firm.
Successful Candidates: In order to successfully execute this position, a basic understanding of Progress's business-financial services/investment management is required. The right candidate must have the temperament to thrive in a high-velocity, demanding business culture and enjoy interacting with high-octane, committed co-workers. Accountability, attention to detail and intellectual curiosity are critically important in this role.
- Work in collaboration with Senior Marketing Communications Specialist in support of the development of new presentations and client reports
- Data analysis (market data, investment performance, and other general industry information)
- Working knowledge of common industry databases, i.e., eVestment Alliance, Zephyr Style Advisor
- Support data needs of senior Sales and Marketing professionals
- Interface with Fund Administration and Investment Technology professionals to gather data
- Interface with Investment professionals to incorporate portfolio data into presentations, i.e., new business, client reviews and finals presentations
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, preferably in asset management or banking
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while adhering to strict deadlines and producing quality work
- Ability to draw and illustrate graphs, tables and other investment related data
- Strong team player; able to build collaborative relationships on an inter-and intra-departmental basis
- Ability to self-start and work under pressure
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent grammar, writing and editing skills and the ability to proofread reliably and create well-written documents with appropriate illustration