Fitch Ratings is a global rating agency committed to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, research and data. Offering a world of knowledge and experience behind every opinion, we transform information to deliver meaning and utility to investors, issuers and other market participants. Fitch Ratings' global expertise draws on local market knowledge and spans across the fixed-income universe. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide help investors make important credit judgments with confidence. Dual-headquartered in New York and London, Fitch Ratings has 51 offices worldwide. Fitch Ratings is part of the Fitch Group, a majority-owned subsidiary of Fimalac, S.A. headquartered in Paris, France.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
US Public Finance: Director Position in Chicago, Mid-West Tax-Supported
The individual will market to municipal issuers, investment bankers, financial advisors and other municipal bond markets participants in the Mid-West region with the goal of elevating Fitch's USPF rating business profile and visibility, and generating new ratings business opportunities.
- Develop relationships with above noted constituents via regular interaction.
- Market to municipal issuers, investment bankers, and financial advisors to advocate the value of using a Fitch rating on municipal bond and other securities.
- Persuasively present, through written and personal interfaces with issuers and bankers, our analytical products and services.
- Negotiate fees and mandate letters for all types of rating services
- A bachelor's degree is required
- MPA, MPP or MBA a plus
- 5+ years experience, preferably in some area of the municipal capital markets, with a focus on marketing and/or sales
- Knowledge of municipal bond markets, the credit rating industry, and local governments
- Knowledge of Bloomberg, Word, Powerpoint, Excel
- Travel Required
- Highly self-motivated, and able to generate marketing ideas
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work with broad range of personalities
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously