CalPERS seeks a Portfolio Manager (PM) to work under the general direction of the Senior Portfolio Manager (SPM) of Private Equity (PE). The PM assigned to the position identified above demonstrates the CalPERS Core Values (Quality, Respect, Integrity, Openness, Accountability, and Balance), works well as a member of a team, and takes initiative in effectively performing the following functions:
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for sourcing, analyzing, and evaluating private equity investments in funds, separate accounts, co-investments, and secondaries
- Responsibility of contributing as a senior member of the PE team on new and innovative private equity and other alternative investment strategies to improve returns or better manage risk
- Lead and manage Investment Officers (IOs) of the PE Program and assist in mentoring and training
Minimum Requirements and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, economics, finance, or a closely related field
- Five years of broad and extensive investment management experience for a major financial institution or firm, or government agency, including some experience leading or coordinating professional staff, and review of large and varied investment portfolio
- MBA or possession of an advanced degree in finance or another applicable technical field
- Professional certification such as a CPA, CFA, MFE, ASA/FSA
- Attention to detail
- MS Suite experience, particularly Excel experience
- Ability to work independently and under short time constraint
- Understanding of Financial Statements
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
To view the position's duties and responsibilities select Duty Statement
WHO MAY APPLY:
Individuals who are currently at the Portfolio Manager level or who are eligible for transfer or list appointment to this level are encouraged to apply online by selecting the "Apply" link above. A Training & Development assignment (T&D) may be considered. Appointment may be subject to SROA/Surplus restrictions.
If you do not have internet access, please complete and mail a paper Standard State Application (STD. 678). In the Explanations section on the STD. 678, all applicants must indicate the basis of eligibility (e.g. SROA, Surplus, reemployment, reinstatement, transfer, or list eligibility, etc.). Surplus applicants applying by paper must attach a copy of their surplus letter with their paper application. All paper applications must be postmarked by the final filing date and mailed to the following address:
Human Resources Division - JOB#00421
400 Q Street, LPN, Room 3260
Sacramento, CA 95811
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants submitting a paper application must reference the JOB# in the "Job Title" section of the STD. 678. In addition, Applicants submitting a paper application must print and attach any supplemental questions, statement of qualifications, or additional attachments as noted in the job bulletin or their application may be considered INCOMPLETE.
PLEASE NOTE: Possession of minimum qualifications will be verified prior to interview and/or appointment. If it is determined an applicant does not meet the minimum qualifications, the application will be forwarded to the State Personnel Board for review and the applicant's name may be removed from the eligibility list.
Through June 30, 2013, full-time employees' monthly pay will be reduced by 4.62% in exchange for eight (8) hours of leave. Part-time employees shall be subject to the pay reduction on a pro-rated basis consistent with their time base.