|Senior Director of Finance-Technology and Capital|
At Thomson Reuters, we deliver intelligent information quickly and efficiently, so professionals have knowledge to act. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial, legal, tax and accounting, scientific, healthcare, and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Reporting to the Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis, the Senior Director of Finance-Technology and Capital is responsible for directing the global finance activities for the Technology functions including the annual plan process and the monthly reporting, analysis, and forecasting. This position is expected to drive valuable and timely business analysis, metrics and other critical decision support analysis to generate insights and transparency in how we invest (Capital and Operating Expenses) in our businesses. A critical objective for this role is to ensure that IP & Science's Technology spend is efficiently deployed towards our highest growth & returns opportunities.
In addition, the Senior Director of Finance will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of financial results and consistency with corporate and business unit accounting policies and procedures and identifying and communicating risks and opportunities (limit surprises). Additional responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Serve as key business partner to the CTO, ensuring stringent financial oversight of the Technology function.
- Effectively manage a team with a span of control of seven individuals, providing effective career development opportunities through mentoring and stretch objectives;
- Participating and/or leading appropriate group actions to review and improve business processes and related systems;
- Ensuring compliance with company finance, accounting and business policies; and
- Participating in the investment process, and ensuring that our investment process is linked to our strategy, financial and business plans; acting as key liaison for all Thomson Reuters Global Resources analysis.
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
About the IP & Science Business of Thomson Reuters
The IP & Science business is a global provider of information solutions to assist professionals at every stage of research and development and ensure they maintain and extract maximum value from their intellectual assets.
IP & Science is part of Thomson Reuters (http://www.thomsonreuters.com/), the world's leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals. Scientific information solutions can be found at thomsonreuters.com.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Bachelor's degree (required) in accounting or finance (strongly preferred); candidates with a MBA and/or CPA designation, and with IFRS experience, preferred;
- At least 12 years experience in a global corporate finance setting; with a minimum of 7 years at a management leadership level; with extensive knowledge of financial analysis concepts and methodologies, accounting theory practice, planning and analytical skills, experience with multi- currency organizations and demonstrated strong conceptual thinking skills in previous roles;
- At least 3 years of personnel management experience;
- Experience leading the design and implementation of reporting and analysis of financial information covering a matrix organization;
- Strong organization skills with the ability to present financial decision support information in a consistent and relevant manner and care for quality and accuracy;
- Excellent project management skills, and skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion and decision making to achieve organizational objectives; with an ability to problem solve and facilitate solutions;
- Effective communication style at all levels in the organization, with strong oral and written skills; a willingness to share information; and a collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality.
- Excellent management, leadership and communication skills with the ability to interact effectively and persuasively with senior management; and
- Strong teaming, and analytical capabilities with the ability to operate independently, affect change across functions, and have a track record of delivered results.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the H-1B visa cap has been met for the 2013 fiscal year (October 1, 2012-September 30, 2013).