Key companies provide investment management, retail and commercial banking, consumer finance, and investment banking products and services to individuals and companies throughout the United States and, for certain businesses, internationally. The company's businesses deliver their products and services through branches and offices; a network of 1,439 ATMs; telephone banking centers 1-800-KEY2YOU® (1-800-539-2968); and a website, Key.com®, that provides account access and financial products 24 hours a day.
About the Job
Perform financial analysis and prepare underwriting documents to support complex multimillion-dollar credit requests for Utilities, Power and Alternative Energy clients. Familiarity with project finance lending experience is preferred.
The Portfolio Manager provides leadership for the deal team in analysis, approval, execution as well as documentation. She/he leads discussions with clients. The Portfolio Manager acts as a credit execution product specialist and recommends approval for credit proposals for Utilities, Power and Alternative Energy transactions. In addition she/he is responsible for matters relating to financing and/or financial modeling.
Essential Job Functions
- Serves as the point person when underwriting credit transactions. Recommends capital structure and accumulates all data necessary to perform focused analysis. Also, manages approvals for amendments and waivers to credit facilities, as well as monitors the financial performance of portfolio companies.
- Reviews financial statements, projection models, project cash flow models and all other relevant financial and non-financial data to develop a concise focused analytical foundation for a credit decision.
- Prepares thorough credit underwriting identifying industry concerns, market share trends, financial trends and other pertinent underwriting issues to present to the approving Credit Officer.
- Ensures underwriting and structuring decisions reflect commitment to strong asset quality.
- Recommends prudent use of capital and maintains profitability hurdles for portfolio keeping the risk/return balance in mind.
- Stays on top of trends affecting assigned industry vertical.
- Obtains and negotiates all necessary documentation including, all credit agreements, notes, pledges and collateral and assures that the documentation correctly reflects rates, terms and special conditions.
- Actively participates in client calling initiatives with Relationship Managers and Product Partners as well as conducts periodic independent site visits to assess management, business conditions and build rapport with accounts.
- Acts as a value added member of the team with loan syndication, origination, and distribution team for syndicated credits within the portfolio or for new prospects.
- Supports business development activities for cross-sell opportunities with the Relationship Management Team.
- Mentors junior professionals
- Proactively assists Relationship Manager in development of marketing presentations and pitch books highlighting product solutions for client needs.
- Identifies potential problem accounts and works to improve the bank's position in undesirable situations.
- An undergraduate degree in business, finance/accounting or suitable discipline and/or a proven track record of 5-10 years of large corporate, commercial or project finance loan structuring or an MBA, plus 4-6 years of relevant experience.
- Competence in financial modeling.
- Strong accounting knowledge.
- Analysis in support of due diligence - Strong data gathering skills demonstrated through research, leveraging prior deal knowledge, challenging assertions and digging deeper into the meaning of the data gathered
- Solid understanding of basic financial metrics including key industry-specific ratios
- Appreciation of investment banking and a knowledge of capital markets products
- Ability to learn internal data systems and technology including Credit Writeup Approval (CWA) System, Return on Equity (ROE) Model
- Strong writing and presentation skills with a convincing presence in order to develop rapport and credibility with senior level clients and senior management of the Bank.
- Strong work ethic
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and MSWord is preferred.
Life at Key is exciting, challenging, and rewarding. Just as we help our customers reach their financial goals, we're committed to helping you achieve your personal and professional goals. We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits that will help you fulfill a healthy work/life balance.
KeyCorp is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V. We're proud to be one of the Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality for 2011.