|The successful candidate will join the 15-person Alternative Client Support team in providing timely and accurate information to our clients and prospects that is consistent with the established BlackRock brand and messaging. Responsibilities for this position will involve a heavy concentration in day-to-day communications, group operations and assist in leading project management initiatives focusing on BlackRock's alternative product platform mainly consisting of Fund of Hedge Fund's, Direct Trading Strategies, Private Equity, Real Assets, and other Absolute Return Strategies. |
As a key component of the Alternative Support team, this position involves interaction with departments and business lines across the firm.
The Alternative Client Support Analyst responsibilities and essential job functions will include but are not limited to the following:
Skills & Qualifications:
- Liaise with clients from a shareholder servicing perspective, field client inquiries, research requests, and coordinate appropriate responses.
- Assist in fulfilling requests for offering documents as needed. Liaise with Global Client Group and Product Specialists to customize client offering packages based on investor attributes, regulatory and business requirements.
- Coordinate and track document updates with BlackRock Legal and outside counsel. Ensure Alternative Client Support team is working with approved materials and that distribution process is functioning properly.
- Where appropriate warehouse legal/contract document production within CAR (i.e. subscription agreements, application materials, transfer agreements, waivers, letters of undertaking, etc.). Manage and maintain electronic and hard copy filing systems
- Coordinate account level reporting and distributions to clients (i.e. monthly, quarterly, and annually).
- Coordinate cash flow management with clients and portfolio managers (e.g. contributions, redemptions, capital calls/distributions and product updates with clients). Track and manage client cash flow activity within proprietary trading system.
- Client on-boarding, account set up, and data management. Assist with building client accounts within client tracking and share registry system. Create client profiles and attribute universe.
- Ensure integrity of communications tools through data entry and maintenance. Deploy exception reporting within client data universe and perform regular analysis to ensure integrity/preservation.
- Transfer Agent/Administrator oversight and quality control. Work with our 3rd parties to create transparency between Blackrock and vendors and ensure a positive client experience.
- Assume role in the integration of BlackRock Alternative products from new and existing BlackRock businesses, with an eye for consolidating all client servicing for alternative products under the auspices of one team and platform.
- Assist team members as needed in successful completion of Alternative Client Support process improvement initiatives.
- 2-5 years of working within a financial services or banking platform
- Experience with financial securities, private placements, and limited offerings a plus
- Strong Word and Excel skills as well as an aptitude for working within proprietary databases
- Organization and planning skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to multi-task, balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to support cross-functional projects and teams
- Business, Financial, and Legal acumen
- Able to grasp complex concepts and details quickly
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Analytical problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of administrative fundamentals
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer--M/F/D/V.
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions -- from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.