Job ID: 12376
Pacific Investment Management Company LLC ("PIMCO" ~ http://www.pimco.com) was founded in Newport Beach, California in 1971. PIMCO is a global investment solutions provider with over $1.5 trillion in assets under management and more than 2,000 dedicated professionals in 12 countries focused on a single mission: to manage risks and deliver returns for our clients. PIMCO started as a subsidiary of Pacific Life Insurance Company to manage separate accounts for institutional clients. Today, PIMCO has offices in Newport Beach, New York, Amsterdam, Singapore, Tokyo, London, Sydney, Munich, Zurich, Toronto, Hong Kong, Milan and Rio de Janeiro. By combining topflight talent, cutting edge technology and a long-term investment approach, we work around the globe to provide our clients with consistently superior returns and client service second to none.
We are focused on partnering with our clients to create investment solutions that fit their unique needs. We dedicate a team of investment professionals to client servicing, allowing portfolio managers to focus on managing client assets. We manage assets for a wide and diverse client base, ranging from central banks to multinational corporations to individual investors. For our institutional clients, we offer privately managed separate accounts as well as mutual funds. We also serve retail investors, through our pooled mutual fund complexes and ETF platforms in the U.S. and Europe.
The Business Development Research (BDR) Group focuses on research and analysis: gathering and analyzing data, deducing trends, transforming data into intelligence so key decision makers can make informed business decisions. Our areas of expertise include: competitive positioning, prospect research, marketplace trend analysis, analysis of business operating metrics, and identifying new business opportunities.
The candidate will have the opportunity to interact with various groups across PIMCO in carrying out research, technology, and strategic initiatives.
• Utilize the firm's proprietary and external analytical tools (e.g. eVestment Alliance, Morningstar EnCorr/Direct, and Mercer MPA) to respond to client, prospect, and consultant inquiries
• Provide prospect research for new business opportunities
• Work with Product Management to track competitors across PIMCO products and report competitor intelligence to Client Facing Team
• Track Business Development Team's sale metrics (e.g. opportunities, finals meetings, won/lost business). Synthesize information into reportable sales trends
• Provide periodic (monthly/quarterly) reporting to internal and external contacts. Sample reports include standard competitor reports, market share report, and consultant index reports
• Create new reporting templates and proactively improve existing processes and reports
• Ideal candidates should possess 1-2 years of experience in a financial, client-oriented role and have strong interest in learning about the fixed income markets, asset management industry, competitive landscape and client/consultant relationships
• Strong commitment to quality and attention to detail; ensuring that the end-product is delivered accurately and on time
• Possess strong communication skills and exhibit ability to interact professionally with all levels of internal and external personnel in both written and verbal communications
• Qualified candidate has demonstrated problem solving skills, enjoys analytical reasoning and independent research projects. Experience in proactive financial research and competitor analysis is a plus
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel and strong knowledge of software applications in general, including but not limited to index-provider databases, query tools (Business Objects) and Bloomberg. Knowledge of Visual Basics for Application (VBA) is a plus
• Prospective candidates should possess an undergraduate degree in Finance or Economics. Candidates should also have their Series 7 and 63 licenses or be able to obtain within the first ninety (90) days of employment
PIMCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer