The primary role will be to conduct new business development and managing relationships with existing clients within the Institutional Investors sector across North America. He/She will develop, maintain and manage relationships with the key users of Wood Mackenzie's research and exploit their current network within the Institutional Investors community.
The successful candidate will develop relationships with designated clients to ensure Wood Mackenzie's sales and revenue objectives are achieved. Specific responsibilities will include:
• Develop, co-ordinate and implement an actionable sales & retention strategy designed to grow Wood Mackenzie's current North American Institutional Investors business
• Develop client networks and relationships to ensure new business development targets are met
• Maximise sales and profitability of energy and metals research offerings
• Strong understanding of the clients in order to facilitate research up sell opportunities
• Working with Marketing to help develop and support initiatives
• Proven new business development track record with Institutional Investors
• Proven track record managing relationships with Institutional Investors
• Strong understanding of the Energy (and/or) Mining sectors
• A deep understanding of a Institutional Investors equity analysts workflow
• A strong network within the North American Institutional Investors community
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong influencing skills; enjoys persuading another's opinion to his/her vantage point
• Flexible to change according to the needs of the business
• Adept at working both as a team member and autonomously
• Proficient at multi-tasking, highly organised and thorough
• Experience managing a team of sales professionals would be ideal
Knowledge and Experience
The successful candidate will have knowledge of the key issues that are impacting the energy and metals & mining sectors. They will have significant experience selling to and managing relationships within the Institutional Investors community and a strong understanding of how it consumes research. The candidate will have a proven ability to develop relationships and be comfortable with challenging, yet achievable, sales targets.
A bachelor's degree is required, ideally in General Business, Economics, Accounting or Finance. An MBA and/or CFA is preferred
Please send an up-to-date résumé with a cover letter explaining your knowledge, skills and competencies that demonstrate an alignment to the needs of this position.
Unsolicited resumes submitted to Wood Mackenzie by any external recruitment agency via Internet, e-mail, fax, or U.S. mail become the property of Wood Mackenzie and we are not responsible for any fees associated with those resumes.
In compliance with the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and 1991, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities act of 1990 and all other relevant federal and state laws, the policy of this company prohibits discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran's status, disability, genetic information or any other group protected by law. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran's status, disability, genetic information or any other group protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access WoodMac.com/careers on-line as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations sending an email to email@example.com .
Wood Mackenzie is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D, and a member of E-Verify.